Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 287 Posts

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
micah said:
DT..Sorry if you took some kind of personal offense..didn't know Ted saved your family from a burning building or something..:( .
I consider him my friend.

All I was trying to do is express my feelings about a particular show and you have to fly off the handle, and it sounds like your ready to fight about it?!? It was just my opinion, not like I'm giong to change the whole world over it...:mad:
I respect your opinion. Mine is that if you lose respect for Uncle Ted because you saw him make a kill on a ranch where the deer aren't as spooky as some other places, ya never had much respect for him in the first place.

I hunted a ranch last year where the pronghorn would not get spooky until you got within 60-70 yards. Does that make me a bad guy? I guess in some peoples mind it does. I felt fortunate to hunt such a ranch.

And if you can't deal with someone bieng able to think for themselves you pucker up and kiss MY ***.
I never said you shouldn't think for yourself. Just think twice before puttin your foot in your mouth. That's all.

It is good of you to get a response from Ted though, really kinda backs up my thought about them bieng virtually tame "the deer arent spooky within 50-60 yrds." Yea, I guess they will stop at 50 yrds. and say to themselves " Oh No! I better stop right here, I'm supposed to look like a wild animal...". Whatever....:rolleyes:
But again...This is JMO.
I must have missed the memo. Since when is getting dinner supposed to be fair? If it is, I suggest that you make sure you are at least 40 yards from the next drive in window you order from. Pay from 60 yards away. Finally, eat without using your hands or arms. Wanna hunt fair? Run em down & use your teeth.

No Hard Feelings DT, As long as it's legal, I really don't have a problem with it, I would just rather not see it on TV.
Ever heard of changing the channel?

IMO it partrays us as killers, not hunters...JMO
So? I am killa! Like Ted, I make no apologies for it.

Thanks for your responses guys, even though it looks like I'm in the minority on this "I" can respect others opinions.:)
Later Days....
Micah:cool:
I disagree with your opinion. Trash Ted if you must, but since he is a friend of mine, I'd prefer that you do it somewhere else. I didn't trash your friend here, did I?

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Buckskin73 said:
I believe Ted is a great advocate for archery and hunting in general.
Good eye.

I like his show.
You are not alone. It won the People's Choice Golden Moose Award last season.

I respect him for his strong and vocal stand for what he believes in.
As do all thinking American hunters.

With that said. I believe that the only reason he has had such and impact is becuase of his public position.
Really? There are millions of famous people who haven't done jack ****. For instance, what has Alec Baldwin done for hunting lately? He's well known. I like Bocephus and he hunts, but he's not in the same league when it comes to positive impact for hunting. As a matter of fact, I challenge you to name one soul who is more dedicated to the hunting community than Ted Nugent. Just one.

I think that ever man or woman the picks up a bow, buys a hunting license, and harvests an animal is contributing just as much as Ted Nugent.
Good God, man! Do you hear yourself? I know plenty of hunters who hunt but are complacent. They do exactly what you said. They pick up a bow, buy a hunting license and kill an animal. If that puts you on the same "activism" level as Ted, I'm rumplef'nstiltskin!

The voice of a leader is only as good as the people that create the group being lead. WE MAKE HUNTING POSSIBLE.
You hunt. Period. Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
KEN-813 said:
well Ted's Ted
like him or not he does do alot of good, sometimes the way he expresses him self is a tad extreme, lol wich i think he has toned down some.
Toned down? LOL!

Teds TV show is decent i watch it once in a while, pretty much 100% of the hunting footage he shows on the tv show is hunts filmed on fenced in inclosure pay to hunt ranches,wich im not overly crazy about, but i guess thats the way to make easy TV
Misconceptions and ignorance abound. It is shameful!

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Micah,I am thankful you brought these points up in this post Every hunter I know where I live ,also think it is a joke to hunt these fenced in private spots.I would love it if they showed some Real hunting on some of these outdoor shows it would be far more realistic and exciting. :)

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
nwmthunter said:
Ted Nugent is a great rep. for bowhunting,I didn't see the show so can't say much about it.I would like to see all bowhunters give it go in the high country where there are no fences and the animals are Wild.I have seen alot of hunting videos that are pathetic,hunting enclosed animals that are human fed and are not even afraid of humans is a disgrace.Alot of these guys that have tons of trophies go to game farms and pay for a buck and then have them mounted and act like they went on some intense Hunt.My respect goes to hunters that work at getting their game and have conditions to face that are not controlled !
This is getting real old. One more reply...

You guys who think that hunting animals on a high fenced ranch is somehow easier than hunting free ranging animals, come down here to Texas. I promise, after a weekend with me, you'll be shakin your head and wondering how you ever thought such a thing.

See, I know the truth, and it is frustrating as hell to constantly hear from "ethical" hunters who have never had a single moment of actual experience on a ranch like this make these senseless, ignorant accusations. It gets old, fellas. Please talk from experience or STFU. I am not interested in what you think or perceive. I am only interested in what you know.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
nwmthunter said:
Micah,I am thankful you brought these points up in this post Every hunter I know where I live ,also think it is a joke to hunt these fenced in private spots.I would love it if they showed some Real hunting on some of these outdoor shows it would be far more realistic and exciting. :)
"Real hunting?" Another cannibal. Pucker up, son.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Hey Deer Texas,No just a ethical one!! I don't hunt pets period, and neither do any of my hunting friends in Montana.Anyways I guess to each his own.I just make sure to teach my 3 boys what's right and what's not.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Go DT! Until people are open minded on a subject they will never truly learn!!! Gun hunting for deer is not fair but I do it....just cause if I see a deer then I can kill it does not stop me from hunting with a rifle.....Fish are in lake boundaried by a shoreline but they can still get away from you and not get caught! They swim up next to the boat but are not pets! Same thing! Just because an animal is on a ranch does not mean an easy kill!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hunters kill to eat. This is good. I encourage the killing of all legal game animals for food. I don't care if the person doing the killing, is doing it on easy prey or one that is difficult to bag. Matters not to me if it's in a fence, a backyard, a wilderness area or the local slaughter house. As long as it's legal, hunt them and shoot them, anyway and anywhere you want.

It's real easy to judge someone as not much of a hunter, but remember, however you choose to kill your animals, someone else looks at your method as not sporting enough. That is, unless you're jumping out of trees onto the backs of your quarry with nothing but a loincloth on and a flint knife in your hand. Now, that's real hunting. Everything else is just pretending.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
kildog said:
Until people are open minded on a subject they will never truly learn!!!
Yet they openly spew their ignorance as they throw another sirloin into their grocery carts. What the hell is sporting about that? Ted doesn't eat that store bought crap that some stranger killed & butchered after feeding it antibiotics. Neither do I. Yet, we aren't "real hunters." KMA.

I'll never understand the divisiveness which appears to be inherent of this wonderful lifestyle. It is shameful.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I'm gonna chase down a Pronghorn on foot, wearing only a loincloth and using a fire sharpened stick....after all the ranch is only 90,000 acres.... I've turned over a new leaf this year.... I pledge to be an ETHICAL HUNTER....:D :p

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Hunt your game farms and enclosed areas all you want.I know one thing for sure I will appreciate my kills alot more than you will,Because I hunt Wild animals that have a chance.Why do you think these private ranches in Texas often guarantee 100% success? Because it is a controlled situation not a real hunting experience. Oh well, You choose your own path.Have Fun !

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Guys, I tried going back through the posts and finding exactly where it was that I said that it was wrong to hunt fenced animals. Can you show me? I did give my opinion on what I did and did not want to see on tv.... Some of you that opposed what I said told me to turn the channel...no problem, but I do like watching Ted everytime I get the chance. I just said that I didn't want to see the animals roaming around behind the cameras while they was talking over the dead animal. JMO.
Now that I've stepped on some of your toes, I'm about to step on some more...Personally, If I were able to go and hunt a ranch, fenced in or not, I would probably do it (depending on the game, situation, ect..). Again, if you'll read back I never said that hunting fenced areas was wrong IMO, just THIS particular show...AGAIN, JMO
Would I perfer to hunt fair chase, and not fences. Yes, this is just my preference. I didn't say you were going to hell or anything...;)
I'll tell you what though, maybe I should retract the "loosing respect for", because I do have a lot of respect for anyone that positively promotes hunting, and archery in general. He does do a good job at that. But, I'm sorry, I won't take back anything else that I have said, because it is the way that I did/do feel about what I saw on tv.
If I knew before hand about what I was going to see on that show, I would NOT have changed the channel, simply because this thread has been kinda fun.
Good shooting...even to you DT..:D
Micah:cool:

21 - 40 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.