Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
nwmthunter said:
Hunt your game farms and enclosed areas all you want.I know one thing for sure I will appreciate my kills alot more than you will,Because I hunt Wild animals that have a chance.Why do you think these private ranches in Texas often guarantee 100% success? Because it is a controlled situation not a real hunting experience. Oh well, You choose your own path.Have Fun !
No son, you don't know what I will appreciate, you can't assume that you can know anything about me, or for that matter anyone you don't personally know very well.

You can appreciate your kills, and you are free to choose to hunt as you wish, however you might want to reconsider making broad coverall statements about something you know nothing about. When you have hunted throughout most of North America and taken more big game animals than you have years then you may speak about hunting in Texas and other places.

Until then you might want to consider confining your comments to that of which you have first hand knowledge.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Son ? Thats pathetic.I have alot of experience hunting.I know more about hunting around the US than you may think. At this point this is really a waste of time.When I look at photos of past hunts over a cup of coffee with friends I will remember each hunt, for what it was.Take care to all and be safe, Chris in Montana

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
nwmthunter said:
Son ? Thats pathetic.I have alot of experience hunting.I know more about hunting around the US than you may think. At this point this is really a waste of time.When I look at photos of past hunts over a cup of coffee with friends I will remember each hunt, for what it was.Take care to all and be safe, Chris in Montana
Nothing derogatory was meant by the son comment. Since I killed my first deer 48 years ago, and I have hunted throughout the United States and Canada, I might also know a thing or two, and be able to appreciate thousands of hunts over as many cups of coffee.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Kildog, D.T., and Javelina,
I wanna go chicken hunting with my spear. I don't want to wear any loinclothes. I'll go naked and don't give a #hit.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Well, if you gonna go hunting naked, just give us warning so we can sit at the other side of the yard. That way we can take advantage of the stampede that's gonna take place when you strip.... Yardbirds gonna scatter to the wide open spaces....:D At least them that ain't paralyzed....:p

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
So as far as I'm concerned.. how a person hunts and what methods they use..is a personal choice, and the only difference it makes to me... is if he is successful in taking a nice trophy.... whether I care or not.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Chickens, with a bat? Reminds me of my younger days. I'm afraid I might not be successful, they can be kind of quick. Do you mind if my chickens are in a cage?

Too bad Texas is so far from New York. ;)

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I think the states ought to take about 50cents out of every hunting license and buy chickens to release on public land. Then when things are slow you could bump off a chicken or two and either have some buffalo wings for noon snack or take the little lady home a nice fryer. If you want to make it more sporting don't get the white ones.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey guys. Don't get me wrong. Ted Nuggent has done extraordinary things for hunting. I respect him alot. He makes a stand for what he believes in and doesn't back down no matter what is said. But their are many many many individuals who spend their whole life promoting hunting that don't get the recognition and praise they deserve. What about the NWTF? They have many excellent programs that promote the sport. Sure many of these individuals are not well known. Is their effort any less important?

I don't think that every person that picks up a bow is be any stretch of the imagination a saint that has suffered for this sport. But if you want to compare the efforts of an individual, I have one name for you.......FRED BEAR.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Fred Bear is among the greats, that is an indisputable fact.

However, can you name any other individual who in today’s world promotes not just bow hunting, or gun hunting but the entire concept with the vigor and determination of Ted Nugent? They are extremely rare, and I support his efforts as I hope you do.

Love or hate his persona, but respect the man for his contributions to the outdoor way of life. His depiction of many types of hunting may not be to your liking, but they are honest and straightforward. This is real hunting, not the fairytale world.

Literally millions of individuals hunt on high fenced ranches each year. And they enjoy hunting as much as those of you who hunt the open range of the west and the woodlots of the east. I asked Ted recently, how much of his hunting takes place behind high fence. He replied that approximately 10% of his hunting fits in that category, since he spends a lot of time in Texas hunting exotics that makes sense.

Those of us privileged to hunt exotics on a year round basis, never having an off-season, have the best of both worlds. We can hunt any time the urge strikes, in fact DeerTexas and several other Blood Brothers are going this week for a pre-deer season warm up. They will be hunting Axis, Sitka, and Fallow deer as well as hogs. I’d be there also, but job commitments will not allow it this time.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
arkie said:
Kildog, D.T., and Javelina,
I wanna go chicken hunting with my spear. I don't want to wear any loinclothes. I'll go naked and don't give a #hit.
Spears & bats! What a hoot! I'm gonna make it happen! Don't care much for the naked man part, but it will make for nice pictures I can review over coffee with friends as I remember each day for what it was.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Hoyt said:
I think the states ought to take about 50cents out of every hunting license and buy chickens to release on public land. Then when things are slow you could bump off a chicken or two and either have some buffalo wings for noon snack or take the little lady home a nice fryer. If you want to make it more sporting don't get the white ones.
Helluvan idea!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was born and raised in Texas. I hunted a 10,000 acre ranch just east of Del Rio. We did not have high fences but i would not have a problem with hunting a high fence. Even small tracts of land (2,000 acres).

I respect Ted for his efforts and success. I admire him most of all for his promotion of family and children. That is much more rare than support for this hobby we all love.

You absolutely correct sir. I know of no one alive today that has brought more attention to this sport than Ted Nuggent. Now granted that attention at times is not always supported by all members of this sport.

I for one have never seen Ted hunt animals is less than far chase. I do not personaly know the man but I can't imagine him doing such. He seems way to genuine for that.

I in no way want to take away from Ted. He is great. I think that others do just as much without the recognition

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Buckskin73 said:
Hey guys. Don't get me wrong. Ted Nuggent has done extraordinary things for hunting. I respect him alot. He makes a stand for what he believes in and doesn't back down no matter what is said. But their are many many many individuals who spend their whole life promoting hunting that don't get the recognition and praise they deserve. What about the NWTF? They have many excellent programs that promote the sport. Sure many of these individuals are not well known. Is their effort any less important?
The NWTF is an organization. There are many of those. Even Ted has two of his own. Ted Nugent's United Sportsmen of America (TNUSA) and Ted Nugent's Kamp For Kids (TNK4K). www.tednugent.com

I don't think that every person that picks up a bow is be any stretch of the imagination a saint that has suffered for this sport.
That's funny. Earlier, you said:
"I think that ever man or woman the picks up a bow, buys a hunting license, and harvests an animal is contributing just as much as Ted Nugent."

But if you want to compare the efforts of an individual, I have one name for you.......FRED BEAR.
I challenged you to name one (1) person who does more for our lifestyle on a daily basis than Ted Nugent. ALIVE. You can't do it.

Losing respect for Ted 'cause he killed a deer on TV? If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I will leave it like this

Ted has contributed to this sport. No arguement.

He IS NOT the reason this sport is great. You and I are the reason. The mass of hunters that spend millions of dollars each year to keep this sport alive.

I will acknowledge and praise his effort. But remember this..... NO ONE person can make this sport as successful as it is. The fathers that take their children hunting, the wildlife management groups that raise funds to improve habitat and species success, and the hunters that demand their God given rights, these are the real heros. These are the ones we should thank. They make this sport successful.

DEER TEXAS......I am not attacking Ted nor you. Just remember that license you buy every year, your vote at election time, and your children are ensuring your right to hunt not TED NUGGENT.

Out here.

·
Registered
139 Posts
...coming in a tad late ....

I may be late here. Hopefully, some of the zip hasn't been lost in the thread.

Micah, I'm voting on your ballot.

I hunt. A lot. Have for 40 years.

And Ted Nugent absolutely does not speak for me.

I don't like his demeanor, his mouth, or his shrill over-the-top 'support' for hunting.

In my opinion, TN has NOT done a lot of good for hunting. His bombastic diatribes on talk radio have made hunters appear as buffoons. We don't need an over-the-hill rock star throwing self-promoting hissyfits about his right to "whack" animals. Filming the killing of fenced-in animals and calling it 'hunting' is not the kind of PR our sport needs.

Does TN appeal to juvenile wannabe rockstars and wackmasters? well, yeah, he does. And do those kids go out and buy camo?..... probably.

But, simply because he has access to shock radio venues and can motivate impressionable 15year olds doesn't qualify this poseur as any thinking hunters' spokesman.

Hunting, it's traditions and ethics, are too important to have this charlatan hijack it in order to promote his fading career.

Other than that I'm pretty neutral on the guy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Does anyone know of any professional videos that are not at some Ranch or managed property? Watching some so called professional hunter rattle in 6 very nice bucks within a 30 minute period and then brag about it is ridiculous. I also don't believe that Ted has helped Bow Hunting. Ted didn't make me go out a buy a bow and start hunting. I was Bow Hunting before I even knew he hunted. However, what he does outside of hunting could be applauded.

41 - 60 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.