Archery Talk Forum banner

Loosing respect for Uncle Ted...

11726 286
As I am sitting here writting this, Ted's final song is ending on the Outdoor Channel....Very disappointing.:(
He just killed a nice axis buck from a blind. Awesome right.
Well, when he was starting to track the deer after a great shot, he stopped to talk to the camera (along with the two observers he had with him), as he was talking you could see a couple of deer about 20 yrds. behind him walking through the trees. He turned around and saw this, turned to the camera and said something like "We could do some stalking here as well". Well, you probably could since they looked tame enough to feed out of your hand!:mad:
Then when he got to the deer, he was talking to the camera again, and more deer went behind him about 50-75yrds.
I can understand, that hunting exotics here in the U.S. your going to be hunting fenced animals. I am right about this ain't I? But to tell you the truth, I would have rather seen him shoot a big old doe in a fair chase situation than shoot what probably was some kids pet that he raised for Ted to pay to shoot.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid, I know a lot of what you see on TV is in fenced areas, but I don't want to see them wondering around looking at you when go to get it with the camera!
Sorry guys, just had to vent...
Micah
61 - 80 of 287 Posts

· Banned
1,109 Posts
I saw a video that I enjoyed it is called- REAL Hunting whitetail challenge 3 and it was very tasteful hunting of actual wild animals.I think it is amazing all those people out there that think hunting enclosers is real hunting,What a challenge hunting animals under human control.The most rewarding thing though is appreciating a hunt for your hard work,Hunting enclosers and seeing many trophies a day is not hard work,it is a sure thing.That is how they can advertise 100 % success rate,Really wow thats amazing,NOT !

· Banned
3,296 Posts
Re: ...coming in a tad late ....

fairfax1 said:
I don't like his demeanor...
Explain.

...his mouth...
Elaborate.

...or his shrill over-the-top 'support' for hunting.
Personally, I love his "over-the-top 'support' for hunting." Nobody else that I am aware of has dedicated his life to it like Ted. He speaks it in EVERY interview he does, wheather it's radio, CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, etc... You will not see or hear Ted Nugent do a single interview without slipping in the pro-hunting, pro-gun message. Name one other celebrity you can say that about. Just one. There aint one.

In my opinion, TN has NOT done a lot of good for hunting. His bombastic diatribes on talk radio have made hunters appear as buffoons.
That's ridiculous. I don't look like a buffoon. I don't think Ted has made others here look like a buffoon either.

We don't need an over-the-hill rock star throwing self-promoting hissyfits about his right to "whack" animals.
LOL! I smell a personal problem.

Filming the killing of fenced-in animals and calling it 'hunting' is not the kind of PR our sport needs.
They're all fenced in, moron. All critters in this country are fenced in by water to the east, west, & south and iced in to the north. Some places are just smaller than others. CANNIBALS are not the kind of PR our sport needs. Eat me.

Does TN appeal to juvenile wannabe rockstars and wackmasters? well, yeah, he does. And do those kids go out and buy camo?..... probably.
Ted appeals to the young and the old. Some folks pay attention. You, sir, have obviously got a personal problem with Ted. Take it somewhere else.

But, simply because he has access to shock radio venues and can motivate impressionable 15year olds doesn't qualify this poseur as any thinking hunters' spokesman.
Shock radio? Are you even paying attention?

Hunting, it's traditions and ethics, are too important to have this charlatan hijack it in order to promote his fading career.
Poor *******. Fading career? Over 30 albums and 30 million copies and on tour right now! LMAO!!

Other than that I'm pretty neutral on the guy.
NOW THAT'S FUNNY! NEUTRAL! BWAAAAAAAHAHAHA! Eat me.

· Banned
3,296 Posts
RobAlan said:
Does anyone know of any professional videos that are not at some Ranch or managed property? Watching some so called professional hunter rattle in 6 very nice bucks within a 30 minute period and then brag about it is ridiculous.
Change the channel. Spirit of the Wild was awarded the Golden Moose Award for peoples choice last year.

I also don't believe that Ted has helped Bow Hunting.
Unbelievable.

Ted didn't make me go out a buy a bow and start hunting. I was Bow Hunting before I even knew he hunted.
He has to influence you personally in order for you to feel that he has helped bow hunting? Check your ego, pal.

However, what he does outside of hunting could be applauded.
After all that, I truly wonder what you mean.

· Banned
3,296 Posts
nwmthunter said:
I saw a video that I enjoyed it is called- REAL Hunting whitetail challenge 3 and it was very tasteful hunting of actual wild animals.I think it is amazing all those people out there that think hunting enclosers is real hunting,What a challenge hunting animals under human control.The most rewarding thing though is appreciating a hunt for your hard work,Hunting enclosers and seeing many trophies a day is not hard work,it is a sure thing.That is how they can advertise 100 % success rate,Really wow thats amazing,NOT !
I'm sick and tired of all the elitist pieces of **** who think their way is the best even though they have never even tried anything else.

To all of you in that boat - KMA!! :mad:

· Registered
114 Posts
DeerTexas said:
Change the channel. Spirit of the Wild was awarded the Golden Moose Award for peoples choice last year.

Unbelievable.

He has to influence you personally in order for you to feel that he has helped bow hunting? Check your ego, pal.

After all that, I truly wonder what you mean.
I don't watch Spirit of the Wild. I was asking if anyone new of any good Videos that were really in the wild

I never said that he has helped bow hunting.

I was referring to his work outside the 'fence'

DeerTexas, you have some serious issues! You seem to be on the attack. Lightin' up!

· Banned
1,109 Posts
I knew that would get you fired up DEERTexas and That is great because you give hunting a Bad name.I think it is VERY funny when someone calls others names on a computer because it just shows their lack of intelligence.Why don't you find something better to do like go out and do some make believe hunting and leave the ethical hunters alone.The sad thing is your probably just some old pathetic man that can't get out and really hunt in the first place. LOL

· Banned
3,296 Posts
nwmthunter said:
I knew that would get you fired up DEERTexas and That is great because you give hunting a Bad name.I think it is VERY funny when someone calls others names on a computer because it just shows their lack of intelligence.Why don't you find something better to do like go out and do some make believe hunting and leave the ethical hunters alone.The sad thing is your probably just some old pathetic man that can't get out and really hunt in the first place. LOL
F you too, elitist!! :mad:

· Registered
139 Posts
....Deer Texas .....

My, my, DT .....don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

I like your style. The quote/counter quote method you use in your advocacy of the MotorCityMotorMouth is effective.

Let me give it a shot:

Fairfax1: "does TN appeal to juvenile wannabees.. ...impressionable 15 year olds?" "Probably"

DT: "Eat me" ...."Moron"...."Eat me"....."BWAAAHAHA"..."I don't look like a bufoon"

Darn DT ....I can learn from you ......your argument style works.

· Banned
3,296 Posts
Re: ....Deer Texas .....

fairfax1 said:
My, my, DT .....don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

I like your style. The quote/counter quote method you use in your advocacy of the MotorCityMotorMouth is effective.

Let me give it a shot:

Fairfax1: "does TN appeal to juvenile wannabees.. ...impressionable 15 year olds?" "Probably"

DT: "Eat me" ...."Moron"...."Eat me"....."BWAAAHAHA"..."I don't look like a bufoon"

Darn DT ....I can learn from you ......your argument style works.
You take **** out of context. That's YOUR style, not mine. Nice.

· Registered
220 Posts
Ted Is Ted.Love him,or Hate him,He get's the job done,AND STANDS UP FOR ALL HUNTERS.If we were to all adopt his style of hunting,im sure there would be disention amoung the Rank's.BUT it work's for him,so be it! He has a show to produce.How many viewers would faithfully tune in each week,if Uncle Ted wasn't Ventalating some critter.If i could only do a 10th,of what Uncle Ted has Done,And WILL do ,if the need becomes visable,then my passion will be transfixed into every young's man's soul,to endure forever.Ill not judge him ,or any other hunter,untill ive tried on his shoe's.I may not like the fit,but ill gladely acept it,over walking Barefoot .Rock On Ted,

· Registered
539 Posts
It is amazing guys griping and moaning about fenced in ranches. But if they did a little research on the subject alot of these ranches are huge. I would love to have 44000 acres fenced in to enjoy hunting on.Heck I would love to have 1/8 of that land. I can only imagine seeing that much open non populated area.DT and Javi it must be absolutely awesome down there in TX. This has turned into just another grudge match between proud men. Just remember guys walk in the others boots and then make your observations. If no one gives a rats *** what I think, that is fine with me. All I know is everyone has their own set of ethics,and we can thank our forefathers for giving us the oppurtunity to think on our own, hunt and live in this great country of ours.

To everyone that reads this remember be safe and wear your safety harness in the trees.

BREW

· Banned
3,296 Posts
Brew said:
It is amazing guys griping and moaning about fenced in ranches. But if they did a little research on the subject alot of these ranches are huge. I would love to have 44000 acres fenced in to enjoy hunting on.Heck I would love to have 1/8 of that land. I can only imagine seeing that much open non populated area.DT and Javi it must be absolutely awesome down there in TX. This has turned into just another grudge match between proud men. Just remember guys walk in the others boots and then make your observations. If no one gives a rats *** what I think, that is fine with me. All I know is everyone has their own set of ethics,and we can thank our forefathers for giving us the oppurtunity to think on our own, hunt and live in this great country of ours.

To everyone that reads this remember be safe and wear your safety harness in the trees.

BREW
Folks like you restore my faith. Thank you.

61 - 80 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.