Archery Talk Forum banner
81 - 100 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well said Brew.

I sure wish I were back in Texas. The hunting their is unbelievable. My cousin is a guide in Eastland, TX. I use to hunt down south in Del Rio. Some of the best hunting in the country.

Let's hunt. It is almost Oct 1st

·
Registered
539 Posts
My cousin moved down there and I want to go visit, but I am afraid I would ignore him and go hunting the whole time. All I know from what I have seen and heard is TX is turning into a great whitetail state,was watching Monster Bucks XI Vol. 1 last night and Mr. Jordan took a beauty of a deer 170 B&C. I saw that deer walking in and I started to get the fever.

C'mon Oct. 4

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hunted lived there 10 years ago. It was a great state for deer. The game management there was ahead of it's time. Large tracts of land with consciencous tenants that wanted large racks provided the drive towards world class animals.

Body size is not what you will find up north but dadgum.....who cares....the headgear is unbelievable.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Actually Brew I have walked in both pairs of boots... I've spent a lot of time in the west. I managed one of the larger Sporting Goods (gun and fishing) stores in Colorado, while I lived there I wrote for the Western Outdoorsman, and did various fishing and hunting shows on the radio. I've hunted in all the of western states at one time or another. I love it out there, and try to hunt there every chance I get.
It is certainly different, but no less or more enjoyable than Texas hunting.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
RobAlan said:
Does anyone know of any professional videos that are not at some Ranch or managed property? Watching some so called professional hunter rattle in 6 very nice bucks within a 30 minute period and then brag about it is ridiculous. I also don't believe that Ted has helped Bow Hunting. Ted didn't make me go out a buy a bow and start hunting. I was Bow Hunting before I even knew he hunted. However, what he does outside of hunting could be applauded.

It's what Ted does outside of hunting that's helped thousand's of hunters all over this country.
There is not one politician that will listen to you unless you speak in masses,when Ted speaks, he speaks" for" the masses...
I'm proud of what he's done for archery hunting,what other "celebrity" do you know that has spoken "out loud "IN SUPPORT of hunting...
The only other celebrity that I know that has spoken at all is "Pam Anderson" and guess what, she's NOT speakin in favor of hunters,shes all PETA.....:rolleyes:

I think more people should speak up for hunting like Ted does,instaed of riding on his coatails and *****ing about his ethics...

He turns alot of heads with his style of "support" for you and I as hunters.Thats what gets things done....Rather you choose to beleive he has helped or not is your right, but don't blame him when you lose your "rights".
;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
DT- Lighten up! This is NOT DT's personal bulletin board! Once in a while you post a thought provoking topic but when you start with the "KMA, Moron, Eat me" ****, you make yourself look like, well, a friggin Moron. It seams that every bulletin board has somebody that thinks they own the place.......Maybe you do, I don't know. But I do know that you really need to lighten up. You basically ruin the whole concept of a board like this. I've seen it many times before. You singlehandedly WILL be the cause of the demise of this great place to share thoughts and information. If that's the type of reply people will get for posting an opinion that differs form yours, who the hell will post anymore?

Yes, I am one of those "Elitists" you hate sooo much. High fence? Cut 'em the hell down. FEEDERS? What a joke! It's not sporting. Why else would y'all revert to the chicken hunting joke because you know in the back of your mind that it is not in fact a sporting method of hunting and it's your way of skirting the topic.

Other than that, best wishes to you and yours for a successful and most of all safe hunting season.

Erik from the non-fenced-free-range mountains of Colorado.

BTW- don't start with the"come down here and see how hard it is" crap. I could make even the "chicken hunt" impossible for the non-believer. Better yet, lets swap hunts. I do know CPR and First Aid as well as high Alpine rescue techniques so I'll be able to rescue you from 12,000 feet after you pass out trying to keep up.

BTW2- Love Ted, love what he stands for, own all his albums and books. Give him my sincerest THANKS since you seem to know him so well.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Here's my theory,If you control a situation with a game animal by high fences,feeders,water troughs,and you know what to expect, it is NOT fair chase hunting.When guys hunt animals that are living under these conditions and talk about there huge racks and what a trophy they are that is a bad deal because it was not fair chase and you used unfair means to harvest the buck.I personally do not know anyone locally in NW Montana that would think a animal taken under a controlled situation is a trophy.When I took a a 5X7 2 seasons ago I felt proud because it was a great hunt and I had no control over this animal's being.DT you are the opposite of every good hunter I know in Montana and that is your loss for sure.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nwmthuntr.Thought provoking ! How many take delight in hunting Programmed Animal's?,Surely not I.Give me those Cold ,Deep, Hollow's,with a Easterly Wind,and we will bend the Meat Pole.Good Hunting!

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Elk-ruse said:
DT- Lighten up! This is NOT DT's personal bulletin board! Once in a while you post a thought provoking topic but when you start with the "KMA, Moron, Eat me" ****, you make yourself look like, well, a friggin Moron.
I'll lighten up when f'ers like you stop cannibalizing me and my brothers. In the meantime, KMA moron. Eat me and f you.

It seams that every bulletin board has somebody that thinks they own the place.......Maybe you do, I don't know. But I do know that you really need to lighten up.
And you need to brush your teeth.

You basically ruin the whole concept of a board like this. I've seen it many times before. You singlehandedly WILL be the cause of the demise of this great place to share thoughts and information. If that's the type of reply people will get for posting an opinion that differs form yours, who the hell will post anymore?
That's ridiculous.

Yes, I am one of those "Elitists" you hate sooo much.
Ah ha! Big surprise. :rolleyes:

High fence? Cut 'em the hell down.
That would get you shot around here. Destruction of private property is against the law.

FEEDERS? What a joke! It's not sporting.
Then don't use one and STFU about it, cannibal.

Why else would y'all revert to the chicken hunting joke because you know in the back of your mind that it is not in fact a sporting method of hunting and it's your way of skirting the topic.
No, the chicken hunting thread was funny. It also had underlying meaning, but it obviously went over your miniscule head.

Other than that, best wishes to you and yours for a successful and most of all safe hunting season.
That's your attempt at being nice? All cannibals can KMA.

Erik from the non-fenced-free-range mountains of Colorado.
I've killed mule deer in those CO mountains that were a push over compared to some of the hunts I've participated in on high fenced ranches. You will surely find a way to discount that fact, though.

BTW- don't start with the"come down here and see how hard it is" crap.
You think I want your *** in Texas? LOL!! Stay where you are, pal.

I could make even the "chicken hunt" impossible for the non-believer. Better yet, lets swap hunts. I do know CPR and First Aid as well as high Alpine rescue techniques so I'll be able to rescue you from 12,000 feet after you pass out trying to keep up.
I've spent weeks at a time in the Rockies in New Mexico and Colorado. It's no stranger to me. Elitist is right. Eat me some more.

BTW2- Love Ted, love what he stands for, own all his albums and books. Give him my sincerest THANKS since you seem to know him so well.
You cannibalized Ted with your nonsense (above) just as you cannibalized me. I aint tellin him jack for you. Eat me again. Eat me, eat me, eat me! Then KMA once more.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
nwmthunter said:
Here's my theory,If you control a situation with a game animal by high fences,feeders,water troughs,and you know what to expect, it is NOT fair chase hunting.When guys hunt animals that are living under these conditions and talk about there huge racks and what a trophy they are that is a bad deal because it was not fair chase and you used unfair means to harvest the buck.I personally do not know anyone locally in NW Montana that would think a animal taken under a controlled situation is a trophy.When I took a a 5X7 2 seasons ago I felt proud because it was a great hunt and I had no control over this animal's being.DT you are the opposite of every good hunter I know in Montana and that is your loss for sure.
You must have missed my earlier comments. To reiterate, KMMFA!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sometimes people take thing's out of contex(?).When they say ,"Have it your way" they were not really talking about hunting Were they.LOL.Nothing wrong with High Fence Hunting,as long as it encompases 100 thousand Acre's +.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I am kind of coming in one this one a little late, but for what it is worth, I like TED very much, and agree with EVERYTHING that he does for hunting. I have never hunted on one of the high fenced ranches, however when you have 20-40,000 acres of land to hunt on, that is fenced, who cares if it is fenced or not! Like that deer know there is a fence there:rolleyes: . Come on guys. You have to know that deer only stay in a certain area in the wild anyway, and with as much land as the ranches in Tx have the deer do not know the difference. Some of you keep telling DT to lighten up, well the way I see it he has a reason to be upset. You are telling him that he is "shooting a pet". Those deer are no more a pet then what you are hunting! I would be pretty pissed if I had someone telling me things like what some of you have said. As far as him taking up for Uncle Ted, Ted is his friend, and if you bash my friends I would tell you to go f--- yourself also. Where I come from friends look out for one another, and if they are not around you take up for them. If you don't you are know better then the person bashing your friend.

81 - 100 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.