Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many arrows do you guys end up losing every few months..other than maybe while hunting?haha

ill tell you what..it gets expensive..

-bowtech315

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
dito on the "drinking beer":darkbeer:

·
registered archer
3,253 Posts
lets see here... i got a dozen in june and then went from 12-5
but lets see one gopher ran down the hole with my arrow, missed a bird at 42(younganddumbplease forgive me) , one it ricashaed and went in a tree, another missed the target and couldnt find it then another i missed again into a tree (sameday...from the freestyle stake:cry:), idont know where the others went

but id say a dozen a year, now im going to get some redheads for summertime:wink:

·
Registered
783 Posts
I think I have lost 3 in a year and that includes hunting also. One was due to a robin hood I removed the other one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I guess I have been lucky I have never lost an arrow yet but I have pretty much wasted an good 3 out of 12, In the past year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
in a year i've only lost 3 arrows but i telescoped 6 so in including those 9 so far. what i do is every month i go to my outdoor range with my friend and look for arrows we find about a dozen a month and i shoot what i can use and then donate the rest to my boy scout camp

·
Registered
81 Posts
About 25-26 arrows!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I bought a dozen last year and still have 11 left. I NEARLY lost one this summer but i stumbled on it about two weeks ago.
The missing arrow is burried in the swamp water after i missed a doe last year.:sad:

What are you people shooting into when you're practicing? Rocks? ;)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
out of 100 cedars i buy before every squirrel season i may have a couple dozen left after the season. deer hunting, and target arrows, i dunno maybe a couple a year.

·
registered archer
3,253 Posts
well ive got a up to 30 yd pin and i was shooting at the freestyle stake + they moved the targets back .

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ususally ATLEAST 2 a month....why did you just HAVE to bring this up:mg: ...I need to order me some more...

·
11,954 Posts
Usually 1-3 per year, not including hunting. Usually they get nicked by other arrows when I am dumb enough to shoot groups. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I started doing two things that have saved me a few hundred$$$ easy.
#1 Never shoot arrows at the same spot. I found these bright orange stickers the size of a nickel at officemax. I put five stickers on my target and shoot an arrow at each dot. To quote Mel Gibson, "Aim small, miss small."
#2 If I'm sighting in at a new yardage and I'm not sure where the arrow is gonna hit, I put a judo point on. If I do miss the target completely, the judo point prevents the arrow from getting lost in the grass.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I bought a dozen 2 years ago and knock on wood I still have 10 left. One had a splice in it when I got a little to close with my broadhead practice. The second one flew over the target into a field of deep grass when my site moved on me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts