Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me state I am not an expert in tuning, however I have changed my strings and cables on my own bows for years. My problem is I decided to change strings and cables on both my Mathews Vertix and my Mathews VXR 31.5. My problem is I switched to a different string maker base on recommendations off from AT. The change on the Vertix went great however on the VXR I lost three pounds of draw weight. Before the change I was getting 61 pounds with about a quarter of a turn before being maxed out and after the change I can only get 58 pounds completely with the limbs maxed out. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could do too get this corrected or what I could have done wrong. Also does it hurt to have the limbs maxed out? I have always tried to have a quarter of a turn left before being maxed out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
BIGRACKLVR
1,447 Posts
No harm in tightening limb bolts all the way. Or if you don’t want to do that you can put a few twists in the cables to get your desired draw weight.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,611 Posts
First off let me state I am not an expert in tuning, however I have changed my strings and cables on my own bows for years. My problem is I decided to change strings and cables on both my Mathews Vertix and my Mathews VXR 31.5. My problem is I switched to a different string maker base on recommendations off from AT. The change on the Vertix went great however on the VXR I lost three pounds of draw weight. Before the change I was getting 61 pounds with about a quarter of a turn before being maxed out and after the change I can only get 58 pounds completely with the limbs maxed out. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could do too get this corrected or what I could have done wrong. Also does it hurt to have the limbs maxed out? I have always tried to have a quarter of a turn left before being maxed out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Twist both cables, and the ATA will shrink. When you add twists to both cables, the draw weight will go up. So, add equal twists to both cables, until you get the draw weight that makes you happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts