Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read my Signature and this is how my bow set up. It was 4" vans now I put on 2" blazer vans. The arrow is 20 grains lighter, and I put on a new string and cable on my bow. Nothing eles change. It was shooting 273 fps and today I went and check it with 2" vans and now it went down to 265 fps. What happen? The chrono was a little high, the tech guy could not lower it any more cause it was broke. So I was shooting up on an angle about 15 degree. Will that throw it off? Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Read my Signature and this is how my bow set up. It was 4" vans now I put on 2" blazer vans. The arrow is 20 grains lighter, and I put on a new string and cable on my bow. Nothing eles change. It was shooting 273 fps and today I went and check it with 2" vans and now it went down to 265 fps. What happen? The chrono was a little high, the tech guy could not lower it any more cause it was broke. So I was shooting up on an angle about 15 degree. Will that throw it off? Thanks
your string could be shorter, your cable could be longer or both. Did you check your exact draw wieght before having all the work done? Do you have the old strings? My guess is you lost draw weight due to the problems mentioned above. Does the draw length feel the same? I wuold check the A to A on your bow and also check your Brace height. Goodluck

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brace height is is to be 7 7/16, now it is 7 1/4. A T A is to be 31 1/2, now it is 31 3/4.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
brace height is is to be 7 7/16, now it is 7 1/4. A T A is to be 31 1/2, now it is 31 3/4.
your cables and strings are out of spec. You need to twist your cables up until your specs come back in. Watch your cam positon though you may need to play with the string to get everything right. goodluck

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have to take it to a shop that has a bow prees to do that?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
you can also get a false reading from your chronograph if it is shot through at an angle. I have seen up to 8 fps on extreme angles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i would check and make sure that the weight is the same, most people will just throw the string on and theyll ether twist the string too much, or not enough. double check because that sounds weird for your bow to change that much.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks

I took my bow down to Vans Archery in Whitmore Lake, Mi. They twisted my string and cable and adjusted my poundage. They got it back to the right specs. Now it shoots 284fps. I am happy. Thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts