Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good tricks to find lost arrows buried in the grass? Even in short grass I've lost some. I usually just take another arrow and scrape the ground with the field point, but its not very effective.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Lost and Found

Back when I was having my son shoot aluminum, I went to Radio Shack and bought the cheapest metal detector that they sold. Seems like it was around $45. The way he lost arrows, it probably paid for itself in 2 evenings shooting. No joke!! Now you can still find carbons because it will pick up the tips and inserts, you would just have to be more systematic when doing a
"mine sweep":teeth: Hope that this helps.
Kevin

·
Registered
88 Posts
metal detector is the only way to go

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
after you loose $100.00 worth of arrows or so you'll learn not to miss. then you won't have to look for them. :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a friend whos black lab scratches up any lost arrow. I asked him how he trained him to do that and he said the dog was digging one day behind his target and went to investigate, and the dog found an arrow. My friend did the "good doggie" thing and the dog has been doing it ever since!

·
Registered
11 Posts
man i thought i was the only one that used the bare foot trick! it flats out works. one line of advice though- i don't recommend using this method with broadheads but common sense would tell you that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I walk around the field in bare feet... as long as we're not shooting BHs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts