Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
What distribution center in Denver did it go through? The box labeled "missing contents" came through the 7550 E. 53rd Street in Denver before it was delivered to me "empty". Even though the label clearly stated it weighed 3 lbs 12 ozs went it was mailed. It would be interesting to know if your package landed at same distribution center. If so, please PM me, I have the number for the USPS media guy here in Denver who along with the consumer relations person who is doing absolutely nothing to find my bow. They still can't answer how a 25 inch 3 lb. 12 oz machined piece of aluminum dissappear from a box which was obviously tampered with on one end. They won't even entertain possibilities. They don't want to even look for it. Still heartbroken.
I only have the zip code above. The addressee did go to the local PO and was told that many items received on Jan 3rd, which the tracking # shows as landing in Denver PO, were not scanned due to the still heavy Holiday traffic and that those packages would automatically be listed as "missing" and sent to the Distribution Center. That makes no sense, but still a chance that the box will be delivered he said hopefully. Your situation is much worse obviously as these arrows can easily be replaced. I'll check about which distribution center and pm you.

I only have the zip code above. The addressee did go to the local PO and was told that many items received on Jan 3rd, which the tracking # shows as landing in Denver PO, were not scanned due to the still heavy Holiday traffic and that those packages would automatically be listed as "missing" and sent to the Distribution Center. That makes no sense, but still a chance that the box will be delivered he said hopefully. Your situation is much worse obviously as these arrows can easily be replaced. I'll check about which distribution center and pm you.
Thank you

There is an archery thief working at the Post Office in Denver...I was just informed that an LAS box of arrows mailed to a Littleton, 80130 address was "lost" . The box had nine new Easton Two-tone 2312 with 100gr points, blue feathers, and orange nocks, and six 2312 Cosmos arrows with similar fletchings. All arrows were full length. There were extra blue feathers (all 4") and 100gr one-piece bullet points in the box as well. All claims reports will be filed, including police. Having trusted the USPO for 50 yrs I didn't take photos, but did have $200 insurance, so we'll see.
My only two losses have been USPS...my package was insured for an amount and I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get that amount... almost to the point of fraud. On top of that they lost their copy of my insurance claim and I had to do it twice. Meanwhile they lost my damaged package and the bow that was damaged. All in all it took 6 months to get my insurance money. I find it funny that they will continue to deliver a package to it's final destination when it's obvious that the package has been opened and emptied... that was my other experience with USPS.
I only use FedEx...my packages always get there. Sorry about the loss of your bow.
USPS is doing absolutely nothing to try to figure out how a 25 inch 3 lb 12 oz machined aluminum riser just vanished off their supposedly "secure" facilities. You would think they would be reviewing videos based on the time stamp of the label. Obviously, they have no desire to make sure their facilities are "secure", nor do they even care about the lives they destroy. I am just a number to them
They don't care to find out what did happen to my bow which should make everybody think twice about USPS.
How many other people do they do this to? How many other items went "missing" without a thorough investigation? How many other "victims" of USPS have had to fight to get any type of fair resolution? The only fair resolution to this is not money, rather that USPS find a bow that just did not vanish into thin air while in "their" custody. No amount of money is going to erase any pain. That I know for sure.

They have very, very, very little reason to care about this as much as you do. It simply doesn't matter to them, and you'll be hard pressed to convince anyone there otherwise.

I do hope you find some resolve.

They have very, very, very little reason to care about this as much as you do. It simply doesn't matter to them, and you'll be hard pressed to convince anyone there otherwise.

I do hope you find some resolve.
USPS, a taxpayer funded crime syndicate? I do believe so. I believe my bow was stolen. The small tear in one end of the box was made by an inward force. The tear isn't large enough for the bow to pass through and the box did not suffer any other damage. I reported it stolen and tampered with but no response from USPS. Nobody cares they have theives working for them. I caution anybody from using USPS and I learned what a corrupt R.I.C.O. organization is the hard way. Beware of USPS.

There are legitimate complaints about the USPS as we both know. However, taxpayer funding isn't one of them.

From Brookings: How is the U.S. Postal Service governed and funded? "The Postal Service receives no direct taxpayer funds."

Minor exceptions for Congressional, franked mail and non-profit mail. We use to have the Post Office Department, but in 1971 the USPS was created. Since then it has been primarily self-funded. Knowing that really helps. Uh, no.

There are legitimate complaints about the USPS as we both know. However, taxpayer funding isn't one of them.

From Brookings: How is the U.S. Postal Service governed and funded? "The Postal Service receives no direct taxpayer funds."

Minor exceptions for Congressional, franked mail and non-profit mail. We use to have the Post Office Department, but in 1971 the USPS was created. Since then it has been primarily self-funded. Knowing that really helps. Uh, no.
Yes but the government has it's hands on it. Hmmmm. Do I trust them ? Nope. As far as I am concerned, it's run just like the government. No accountability. They are a bunch or corrupt cronies just like big pharma and few others who do not have the welfare of anybody in mind. Bottom line, somebody at USPS "stole" my bow, then USPS stole from me again by not even paying out what it was insured for. Corruption? Absolutely! A bunch of thieves from bottom to top.

I completely understand that you're upset and would be too in your position, but this has less and less to do with archery the more you continue your tirade against the postal service. There's a different forum for that.
Well I would like to ask that anybody who sees my bow, that I am confident was stolen by a USPS employee while in possession of USPS, at a tournament, online, or in an archery/pawn shop to please contact me since the "powers that be" have no interest in finding it. I am pretty sure it is the only 25 inch Nilo "LUXOR " in silver here in the US. Please ask them where they got it because I would like the person who stole my bow prosecuted for what they did. My only hope is that some kind, honest friend in our large archery community may run into my riser and do the right thing. This is my plea because right now my heart is broken. Thank you to everyone in advance.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.