Archery Talk Forum banner

Lost in the mail.

4K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  366155 
#1 · (Edited)
Please be on the look out for this riser. It was Shipped from Raleigh NC to Denver CO. The box arrived "delivered without contents". It is a 25" RH Bernardini Nilo
Font Tool Auto part Wood Metal
/Luxor silver.
A claim has been logged withe USPS and it was insured, however, it is a special bow to us.

If you happen to see it on eBay, craigs list or anywhere else please notify by PM.
Thank you all in advance.

See less See more
#50 · (Edited)
Well I would like to ask that anybody who sees my bow, that I am confident was stolen by a USPS employee while in possession of USPS, at a tournament, online, or in an archery/pawn shop to please contact me since the "powers that be" have no interest in finding it. I am pretty sure it is the only 25 inch Nilo "LUXOR " in silver here in the US. Please ask them where they got it because I would like the person who stole my bow prosecuted for what they did. My only hope is that some kind, honest friend in our large archery community may run into my riser and do the right thing. This is my plea because right now my heart is broken. Thank you to everyone in advance.

#6 ·
That sucjs. If you haven't done so already the USPS has a mail recovery service:

Step One: Submit a USPS Mail Recovery Center Search Request
The first step in finding a lost package is to go to your local Post Office. Let them know that you have a package missing, and ask them to start a Mail Recovery Center Search Request. To start a Search Request, your package must be worth at least $25 – below that and the items are probably already gone. You’ll need to provide both the delivery and return addresses from the package, and, if you are able, phone numbers for both the sender and recipient.

All lost or undeliverable items get sent to a central locatipn.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ahw
#22 ·
My only two losses have been USPS...my package was insured for an amount and I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get that amount... almost to the point of fraud. On top of that they lost their copy of my insurance claim and I had to do it twice. Meanwhile they lost my damaged package and the bow that was damaged. All in all it took 6 months to get my insurance money. I find it funny that they will continue to deliver a package to it's final destination when it's obvious that the package has been opened and emptied... that was my other experience with USPS.
I only use FedEx...my packages always get there. Sorry about the loss of your bow.

#46 ·
There are legitimate complaints about the USPS as we both know. However, taxpayer funding isn't one of them.

From Brookings: How is the U.S. Postal Service governed and funded? "The Postal Service receives no direct taxpayer funds."

Minor exceptions for Congressional, franked mail and non-profit mail. We use to have the Post Office Department, but in 1971 the USPS was created. Since then it has been primarily self-funded. Knowing that really helps. Uh, no.

#47 ·
There are legitimate complaints about the USPS as we both know. However, taxpayer funding isn't one of them.

From Brookings: How is the U.S. Postal Service governed and funded? "The Postal Service receives no direct taxpayer funds."

Minor exceptions for Congressional, franked mail and non-profit mail. We use to have the Post Office Department, but in 1971 the USPS was created. Since then it has been primarily self-funded. Knowing that really helps. Uh, no.
Yes but the government has it's hands on it. Hmmmm. Do I trust them ? Nope. As far as I am concerned, it's run just like the government. No accountability. They are a bunch or corrupt cronies just like big pharma and few others who do not have the welfare of anybody in mind. Bottom line, somebody at USPS "stole" my bow, then USPS stole from me again by not even paying out what it was insured for. Corruption? Absolutely! A bunch of thieves from bottom to top.

#3 ·
Please be on the look out for this riser. It was Shipped from Raleigh NC to Denver CO. The box arrived "delivered without contents". It is a 25" RH Bernardini Nilo
View attachment 7509471 /Luxor silver.
A claim has been logged withe USPS and it was insured, however, it is a special bow to us.

If you happen to see it on eBay, craigs list or anywhere else please notify by PM.
Thank you all in advance.
Did the package look like it was resealed or had a open end? I had the latter happen where part of the contents fell out.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Between business and personal I have shipped and received hundreds, probably thousands, of packages with each shipper, but only a few with DHL. I have had lost shipments with each and I can’t say any is worse than the others. The claims process is painful with any of them. I have done much more with USPS and UPS and lost more wit UPS. For the number of shipments, however, the loss rate was very low with all of them, though the rate was higher with DHL probably because of the smaller sample.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.