Archery Talk Forum banner

Lost in the mail.

4K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  366155 
#1 · (Edited)
Please be on the look out for this riser. It was Shipped from Raleigh NC to Denver CO. The box arrived "delivered without contents". It is a 25" RH Bernardini Nilo
Font Tool Auto part Wood Metal
/Luxor silver.
A claim has been logged withe USPS and it was insured, however, it is a special bow to us.

If you happen to see it on eBay, craigs list or anywhere else please notify by PM.
Thank you all in advance.

See less See more
#3 ·
Please be on the look out for this riser. It was Shipped from Raleigh NC to Denver CO. The box arrived "delivered without contents". It is a 25" RH Bernardini Nilo
View attachment 7509471 /Luxor silver.
A claim has been logged withe USPS and it was insured, however, it is a special bow to us.

If you happen to see it on eBay, craigs list or anywhere else please notify by PM.
Thank you all in advance.
Did the package look like it was resealed or had a open end? I had the latter happen where part of the contents fell out.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
That sucjs. If you haven't done so already the USPS has a mail recovery service:

Step One: Submit a USPS Mail Recovery Center Search Request
The first step in finding a lost package is to go to your local Post Office. Let them know that you have a package missing, and ask them to start a Mail Recovery Center Search Request. To start a Search Request, your package must be worth at least $25 – below that and the items are probably already gone. You’ll need to provide both the delivery and return addresses from the package, and, if you are able, phone numbers for both the sender and recipient.

All lost or undeliverable items get sent to a central locatipn.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ahw
#22 ·
My only two losses have been USPS...my package was insured for an amount and I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get that amount... almost to the point of fraud. On top of that they lost their copy of my insurance claim and I had to do it twice. Meanwhile they lost my damaged package and the bow that was damaged. All in all it took 6 months to get my insurance money. I find it funny that they will continue to deliver a package to it's final destination when it's obvious that the package has been opened and emptied... that was my other experience with USPS.
I only use FedEx...my packages always get there. Sorry about the loss of your bow.

#28 ·
Between business and personal I have shipped and received hundreds, probably thousands, of packages with each shipper, but only a few with DHL. I have had lost shipments with each and I can’t say any is worse than the others. The claims process is painful with any of them. I have done much more with USPS and UPS and lost more wit UPS. For the number of shipments, however, the loss rate was very low with all of them, though the rate was higher with DHL probably because of the smaller sample.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Reported it stolen with the Raleigh Police Department today as USPS has not been helpful at all. Called the pawn shops and that is what they advised as all the things they get in daily are documented and sent to the police department. USPS said the reason for such a low ball pay out, far less than it was insured for was do to "depreciation". So now I am filing an appeal. I will never trust USPS again. This is a travesty. The tear in the box wasn't even large enough for the bow to fit through. Then whoever removed it, taped up an empty box and left the folded cloth sleeve at the bottom of the box. Does that even make sense? Apparently USPS doesn't care what or by who something may have happened. How does a 25 inch, 3 lb 12 oz piece of beautifully machined aluminum just vanish into thin air from supposed "secure" facilities? Devastated.

#33 · (Edited)
My daughter mailed my bow from the Raleigh Distribution Center at 1 Floretta Place on Nov. 23, 2021. It is very special to me.. When it arrived at my post office I was asked to sign for it. When the box was handed to me, it was empty and a pink sticker was placed on it saying received without contents. Now almost 2 months layer I find out the post person should have filed a damaged report at that time. Truth is USPS hasn't even been looking for it. It could only have been at 2 places . . . Raleigh and Denver. I went down to the Denver facility to show them a photo of my bow with no luck. Nobody at USPS cares. The bureaucracy is so big that you just get pushed around. They don't realize the emotional toll they have created. When my daughter went to the Raleigh facility to ask if anybody had seen my bow, she was met by a belligerent postal employee who immediately accused my daughter of accusing them of stealing, which was not the case. I am posting a photo of my bow in hopes that anybody who see my bow will contact me. Or if anybody in Raleigh knows somebody that works for that USPS facility and who might be able to have a contact. Trying to talk to someone at USPS there is impossible. Now I find out that nobody at USPS had even taken the proper steps to find my bow and I trusted that they knew what they were doing. I politely accepted that they were doing their job only to find out this was not handled properly from the very beginning. I asked them for a contact so that perhaps I could go to the missing mail facility in Georgia to personally show them a photo of my bow, but no response. If anybody out there has any contacts at that facility, if you could let me know, I would appreciate it. I know my bow could not have just vanished into thin air. Somebody has to know something. If only people would try to put themselves in other people's shoes and imagine how they might feel.. unfortunately, at USPS you are just a number. Any help from everybody out there would be greatly appreciated. Somebody has ripped my heart out and I feel helpless.. Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.