Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haver found myself lost in the world of the drop-away rest. With all of the different brands and styles of drop-aways,, i have become overwhelmed with the selection.

I really like the NAP Quiktune 4000,,, the cable looks nice, the prongs that hold the arrow look secure, and it is really adjustable.

Then there is the Cobra Diamondback. This one I am really curious about because of the built in arrow holder. Is this arrow holder necessary??? If I were to get the NAP, would i have to make my own arrow holder or would it stay on the rest on its own??

I have heard alot about people who are mad that they have to stick these foam arrow holders on their risers but with the cobra you wouldn't have to do that.

I am just wondering how the arrow stays on the NAP rest if anyone has pics. If I need to put a seperate arrow holder on my riser,, i'll just get the Cobra with the built in holder.

·
Registered
51,092 Posts
The nap uses a plastic stick on instead of foam. I use the Drop zone as I feel it is the best drop away on the market. :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
I like the TKO. The company offers an extention plate that sets the rest father back. This allows the prongs to set completely behind the riser shelf. There are many features that make the tko one to try, and if all else fails, a great back up rest in your shop. By the way the price is very good.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
If your overwhelmed and want containment, get a whisker biscuit. I am currently using a golden key mirage drop away. It cradles the arrow while bow is at rest. Mirage pic

I have also looked at the Cobra rest. Around here its half the price of the Trophy Taker rests.

·
32,707 Posts
qkdraw said:
I like the TKO. The company offers an extention plate that sets the rest father back. This allows the prongs to set completely behind the riser shelf. There are many features that make the tko one to try, and if all else fails, a great back up rest in your shop. By the way the price is very good.
I have one (TKO) in the mail now and it should be here tomorrow. If I like it and I think I will, I am considering another for my OG. The Diamondback sounds like it would be a nice rest also to consider.

·
Registered
825 Posts
drop rest

If you use an overdraw like I do, then you need a Rip cord or Ultra rest by QAD. they contain the arrow in the upright postion till you shoot,and then it fall in plenty of time.I use the Rip Cords on both my hunting bows,and they work great.Because of the overdraw,the BH will drag across the shelf before the regular drop rest lifts up the arrow. :eek:

Larry

Good luck in your Quest

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Nap

Buckmaster7117 said:
I haver found myself lost in the world of the drop-away rest. With all of the different brands and styles of drop-aways,, i have become overwhelmed with the selection.

I really like the NAP Quiktune 4000,,, the cable looks nice, the prongs that hold the arrow look secure, and it is really adjustable.

Then there is the Cobra Diamondback. This one I am really curious about because of the built in arrow holder. Is this arrow holder necessary??? If I were to get the NAP, would i have to make my own arrow holder or would it stay on the rest on its own??

I have heard alot about people who are mad that they have to stick these foam arrow holders on their risers but with the cobra you wouldn't have to do that.

I am just wondering how the arrow stays on the NAP rest if anyone has pics. If I need to put a seperate arrow holder on my riser,, i'll just get the Cobra with the built in holder.
If you have a Hoyt, you will not need the holder, because of the groove in the front of the shelf. Hers what my NAP looks like, but I did grind the forks down to get better clearance:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
I switched 3 times in the last month. I just got a drop zone which I think is the best one so far..tried the nap and muzzy

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I have shot many but the Mirage is outstanding for my Michigan Whitetails. Dead silent on the draw and on the shot. I use the rubber tube over the lift. I have just tested my Broad head tune yesterday and its right on the money. 40 yards the BH and FP are the same. Here is a pic of my hunting rig.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts