Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sit here posting this thread with tears rolling down my face. My family lost our dad Tony Boyle on Nov. 4th. He was in a accidental boating accident with two friends. Our two friends survived but my father did not. It's important for my family and I to say that we hold no blame to anyone for this tragic accident. I want to thank our friends for putting there life on the line to try and save my dad. God's work is sometimes unexplanable, I find peace in the fact that he is home now up in heaven.

For those who knew my father, my best friend, knew what an incredible spirit he had. He embrased every moment of life, never wasted a day. My father enjoyed spending time with friends and family during the holidays, camping, BBQ's, fishing, and probably most of all archery. My father has been shooting archery for longer than I can remember. He recently retired in 2003, built a new house with my mom and had big plans for traveling.

My father had lots of friends, but he had one real special friend, hunting partner for 35+ years, Bob Mullins "Ollala Bob". I'm lucky to have spent the time enjoying there hunting endevors. The example they set for how true friends are, will be with me for ever. I want to thank Bob for being the great friend he was to my father. I want Bob to know that my dad loved and respected him very much.

We will celebrate my fathers life and spirit forever. He left us with many memories and stories that we will share together. Hopefully he is logged on in heaven "Buck Deer", reading this post. I want to let him know how much I love him, and what a great friend he has been.......Best Friend. I will take care of mom and make sure gets through this. I will cherish your spirit in my heart forever..........Good bye friend

I sat here yesterday and wrote his obituary. Something I never even thought about doing. Those who knew him and would like to come to the memorial service, the info is at the bottom of the obittuary. Here is how it read.

Charles Jameson Boyle
“Tony”

Charles was born in Shickshinny, Pennsylvania on May 5, 1943, passed away November 4, 2004. He was Tony to many, Butch and Charlie to some, Dad to three, Grandpa to 5 1/2, friend to everyone, and husband to one. Tony enlisted in the United Sates Air Force in 1961. He served a 4 year term working on aircraft fuel systems at McChord AFB, Tacoma WA. Shortly after his Honorable discharge from the USAF, Tony went back to the Fuel Shop at McChord AFB working Civil Service. Across the span of his 41-year career, Tony “Charlie” became known as “the best of the best”, “the go-to guy”, for fuel system maintenance. Tony retired from Civil Service on June 2, 2003.

Tony met his wife Patricia, during the first couple years of his 4-year service in the Air Force. Tony and Pat soon married and enjoyed 37 years of marriage with three children, Todd, Michael and Sara. Tony was a dedicated husband and father. He loved spending time with his family, especially with his grandchildren, Courtney, Carson, Dylan, Trevor and Molly.

Tony was an avid outdoorsman, where he enjoyed hunting, fishing, and camping. His favorites though were fishing and archery. During his endeavors, again he became known as the “best of the best”, “the go-to guy”. His friends in hunting camp gave him the nick name “Chinuchinacook”, for his broad range of knowledge and abilities. On the river, when they said the fishing was bad, he would show them where and how to catch them. Tony shared his experiences, and knowledge with all his friends and family. He will be greatly missed by all.

He is survived by his wife, Patricia, of 37 years. Three children, Todd Boyle, Michael Boyle, and Sara Corak; brother Larry Boyle and sister Donna Blazick.

A memorial service will be held Thursday, November 11th at Calvary Baptist Church at 2:00pm, (253) 843-2738, 9010 320th ST S, Roy, WA. With a wake immediately following.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Hello Arrow Bucket:

I am so sorry for your loss. Your father sounds like a person I would have liked to have known. I know he was a wonderful father to you, by the way you speak of him.

May he Rest in Piece.

Richard

·
Registered
535 Posts
It looks like you will always have his memory with you. A life like you described is an inspiration to us all. May God bless you and keep you.

·
Registered
404 Posts
re:

My prayers go out to you and your family.
I have no other words to this.

Bart

·
Registered
31 Posts
May he rest in peace for ever hunting the vast and richly poplulated game riserves and fish the scenic lakes for monster trout in heavens game ranch!

Im sorry for you and your familys loss god rest his soul!

·
U.P. Hunter
4,539 Posts
I lost my Father and hunting partner 2 yrs. ago. In fact he passed away on October 15th at deer camp. TOUGH TIMES !!!!!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hang in there !!

(X):(

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I our prayers

Arrow Bucket, I'm so sorrow to hear of your loss!!! I know this will not help but be thankful for having such a great Dad, that loved you and showed you what a great world the outdoors is and the memories that you have of him sharing that world with you!!!! take care and remember that there are alot of prayers that you and your family will be in tonight!!!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to be close to a father and cannot imagine what your going through right now. My prayers are with you and your family...

·
Owner WR Custom Bowstring
1,057 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Father many years ago, and know the pain you are going through. My prayers go out for you and your family.
Hang in there! You still have the good memories of him, and the time you shared together!
Terry

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Sorry for you loss,,may you remember the good times you shared together,he is in a better place now,god bless you and your family.

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
I am truly sorry for you loss. It sounds like he was very good father. I will pray for you and your family.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
God Bless

So sorry to hear about your loss. I too am close to my father and can not imagine what you must be feeling. God bless you and your family. My prayers are with you. That's what is so wonderful about God's perfect love...with Him, we can be there to offer words of comfort to people we don't even know. It is this brother-hood of us all being children of God that commands us to be there for each other. May He continue to comfort you and bring you and your family peace.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I too am VERY sorry for your loss, in times like this it is very hard to understand why God let's these things happen. Take faith in knowing that your Dad is in a better place now. I know this does not help your tremendous grief, know that I am praying for all of you.

Tim

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
sounds like you had a wonderful dad. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family, Jim.......:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts