Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had it with my Hoyt Trykon. I had in my truck at the proshop and mentioned about getting something different. Well the owner said if I gave him my Trykon I could pick any bow in the shop $700 and under. Out of all the Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech and PSE I ended up goin home with a Ross 334. I really was impressed with its smoothness, quiteness, accuracy and forgiveness. Not a speed demon but it gets the job done. I have owned alot of bows and I believe in the Ross more than any bow I have ever shot. I would highly suggest the to someone looking for a new bow.:wink:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I just picked up a CR337 lat night and could not be happier.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Glad you like it. Welcome to the Ross Club. The more you shoot it, the more you will like it.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Just curious, what didn't you like about your Trykon?

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
You just made an EXCELLENT decision last night that you will not regret. I love my CR 334. It is one smooth shooting bow.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
illbowhunter said:
Just curious, what didn't you like about your Trykon?
I had just too many problems with the bow. It was like bad luck every time I touched it! When I shot something just did not feel right.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the going price for a Ross 334?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Another ROSS lover here........

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
rolltide05 said:
Yesterday I had it with my Hoyt Trykon. I had in my truck at the proshop and mentioned about getting something different. Well the owner said if I gave him my Trykon I could pick any bow in the shop $700 and under. Out of all the Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech and PSE I ended up goin home with a Ross 334. I really was impressed with its smoothness, quiteness, accuracy and forgiveness. Not a speed demon but it gets the job done. I have owned alot of bows and I believe in the Ross more than any bow I have ever shot. I would highly suggest the to someone looking for a new bow.:wink:
I wish someone would make me that offer! Congrats on the Ross.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hoyt

Well at least you never had my bad luck,,, while back in the summer I wastrying different bows and a fella just getting a shop going offered to help9ie teach me) and was going to "sponsor me" so after looking at about 20 bows I ask what compared with Mathews and he pulled down a Trykon XL and on the 3rd draw the upper limb/cam/string EXPLODED and I got all the broken stuff up side the head,, well I got an orbital socket fracture in the right eye,,,, hada headache for a month and all the guy was worried about was a broken bow(what if my eye had been damaged, which I am having problems with but have to wait till 07 to go to doctor), his wife was nice gave me an icepack and appoligized. Dont now what he ever did about it but he lost a customer(as i may have even kept going for accesories but never a Hoyt).
I have Parker and A Mathews and love them both, thought Iwanted a Bengal but Im not sure about the grip yet, gotta wait and see if someone antis up and makes a wooden grip.
Ross is a good bow, just didnt fit me like my bows do.
Congrats!:darkbeer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts