Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shooting my S4 and Alien last night and noticed that the S4 mag is a lot equieter than the Alien:(. I started looking for the problem. The lower cam is leaning enough that the module is touching the cable. I would have thought that if the cam was going to lean that it would have went theother way. Has any one else hade this problem? How do I fix it? hunting season opens on Oct. 1st I hope I can get this fix in time.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Cables may be routed incorrectly through the rollers,looking at it from the side,the cables should appear to cross below the rollers.If the cams are out of time it will cause the bow to be a bit loud also.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mine is super quiet since I added some limbsaver products. Especially the decellerator tip on the string suppressor!!!!!! The factory one is hard rubber and the limbsaver is soft and really catches the noise.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bow is in time. This is my first C.A.T. cam bow. So the cam system is take so time to figure out.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to get a pioc of the cable touching but, I couldn't get a good 1

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
The cams are Hybrix not Cat cams on the Alien. My lower cable is very close to the mod but not quite touching it. Make sure the mod screws are tight, they will make an awful noise if loose.

If the cables are routed incorrectly through the roller guard it could cause the problem.

Crackers changed how they were routed on the bows be was selling, check this thread and see how yours are routed compared to the bows shown. The first page shows them before he changed them, the second page shows the change.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=911889&highlight=alien&page=2

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The cams are Hybrix not Cat cams on the Alien. My lower cable is very close to the mod but not quite touching it. Make sure the mod screws are tight, they will make an awful noise if loose.

If the cables are routed incorrectly through the roller guard it could cause the problem.

Crackers changed how they were routed on the bows be was selling, check this thread and see how yours are routed compared to the bows shown. The first page shows them before he changed them, the second page shows the change.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=911889&highlight=alien&page=2

This is true, not to make you like an arse, just so you understand that they do not tune the same as the CAT cam, from what I understand they should be synced the same, not have the cam a hair fast like the CAT cam, I am no pro!! this is just my understanding of the issue.

If you are not a member of the alien mafia join up in the social group area, there is a wealth of info over there to soak up.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cable are routed "right". The bow is in time,the sts is set to where it do the most good and it is still louder than my S4mag. I'm shooting the same arrows and the same pounds Nitrous cam on the S4. I'm thinking that this bow is a lot of HIPE. I thought that this bow would be quieter (main reason for buying it) it is not even close. I'm very disappionted. I love martin bows but so far not this one

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Mods

The cable are routed "right". The bow is in time,the sts is set to where it do the most good and it is still louder than my S4mag. I'm shooting the same arrows and the same pounds Nitrous cam on the S4. I'm thinking that this bow is a lot of HIPE. I thought that this bow would be quieter (main reason for buying it) it is not even close. I'm very disappionted. I love martin bows but so far not this one
Check out your modules. Make sure the screws are tight. Mine started coming loose and making noise. Also, before tightening the set screws remove the modules and rub bow string wax on the cams and modules where they come together. The module has an end that "hangs loose" and unsupported. I found that mod end was producing a slight metallic twang sound. The string wax rubbed between the mod and cam completely eliminated it.

I'm am super anal about bow noise on my hunting bows. Replacing the stock STS with a Paradigm Archery CTA reduced the noise noticeably. I also added good old fashioned cat whiskers to my string over the weekend. There are lots of string silencers on the market but kitty whiskers are still my 'go to' choice. My Alien-X is whisper quiet. I also added some padded material to my limbdriver prong to eliminate that slight 'hiss' while drawing the arrow.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I Know you may think I am biased, but I think something is off somewhere, I am not calling you a liar or anything like that, and I agree that they are not the quietest bow out there, but I think my GTO was louder than my Alien. Now every bow I had before this and the GTO was a Bowtech, and of course they were quieter....but with speed comes some extra noise i guess

·
Livin' in a van....
8,476 Posts
i shot an alien that was fairly loud,but i'm used to my admiral. Its much faster though. With a good stabilizer, some LS products and makeing sure everything is tuned right, you won't have a problem

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Check out your modules. Make sure the screws are tight. Mine started coming loose and making noise. Also, before tightening the set screws remove the modules and rub bow string wax on the cams and modules where they come together. The module has an end that "hangs loose" and unsupported. I found that mod end was producing a slight metallic twang sound. The string wax rubbed between the mod and cam completely eliminated it.

I'm am super anal about bow noise on my hunting bows. Replacing the stock STS with a Paradigm Archery CTA reduced the noise noticeably. I also added good old fashioned cat whiskers to my string over the weekend. There are lots of string silencers on the market but kitty whiskers are still my 'go to' choice. My Alien-X is whisper quiet. I also added some padded material to my limbdriver prong to eliminate that slight 'hiss' while drawing the arrow.
I have an Alien and noticed a similar "twang". Could you provide more detail I'm having trouble following the first part of your post but I think it may be my problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
My Alien is quiet, very quiet. I'm anal about quiet bows, period. The three Hoyt's in my house are the quietest bows I've ever shot or (not) heard. My AX is right there with them!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank everyone I'm going to call Shawn when i get up. Had to work a couple all nighters 13 hours.

·
Registered
24,953 Posts
mines pretty quiet, only noise i hear is the limbdriver snapping the pad.

someone on here will help you out

·
Registered
24,953 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Mine was loud and it took alto to get it quiet. I put limbsaver on the limbs Bowjax on the sts rod 3 of them. changed t he sts stopper to a soft one. My bow was timed perfect and it still had some noise...But it's a shooter for sure

1 - 20 of 28 Posts