Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter and when it is droping away it seems to contact my shelf rather loudly. Is this normal or is something wrong with my set up. If it is normal is ther anything I can do to silence it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I find the same thing with mine?

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I have a Trap Door and it made a bunch of noise hitting the riser also, i put a piece of the fuzzy velcro on it and it silenced it down to zero noise, it worked for me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
a couple of things you can try is some mole skin on the shelf and this second one sounds weird but it worked for my buddy, get some of the dr. scholls gel inserts for your shoes and cut a small piece and put it on your shelf. you'd have to get the small heel or corn ones with the adhesive on them. the gel insert worked great for quiting it up from contacting the shelf.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have mole skin on the v part of the rest now and it does not seem to be enough. This is my first bow so I was not sure if that was normal for the rest. I may have to try the Dr Scholls.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Just get a Whisker Biscuit...problem solved. :darkbeer:

Sorry, it just seemed wrong not to post that since every WB thread has at least on post that says, "get a drop away...". :darkbeer:

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
first off

dont switch rests.:wink: all the others are just want a be rests.:wink:
either use moleskin or any other type of small cushion to pad where your rest contacts the riser. its pretty easy to do and it makes mine super silent.
heres what i did for my Trophy Taker rest on my Hoyt razortec that i had 3 years ago. i still use the same idea today for all my TT rests..

Shoot Strong
Tony

·
Registered
364 Posts
Limb Saver

My brother and I both use the shakey hunters and had the same problem we took a limbsaver cut it in half and cut off the like stem part that you would stick on. Then glued it so that the arm just barely touches the limbsaver when it comes down then took the half of the stem part and put it on the main part where you can hear the spring inside. It made it silent for us. Sorry the picture isnt great I took it with my phone since I dont have a digital camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I got some of the black sticky neoprene pads and cut a small strip for a landing pad for my TT shakey. It works great. I gets lots of comments on how quiet my bow is.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've used three different drop-aways on three different bows. Each one (TT, NAP, QAD) had differing levels of noise when dropping. Try a thin piece of foam covered in moleskin. It's easy and totally deadens any sound. The TT was the loudest and the foam/moleskin solution made it barely audible to my old ears.

Then again, I kind of like that idea about using a piece of Simms material.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts