Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first season to turkey hunt in NW Louisiana. I'm hunting with a bow and haven't had the opportunity to shoot one yet. I was just curious how other Louisiana hunters are doing this season. Feel free to post pics, stories, etc.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
This is a Western forum bro...
LOL... last time I checked LA was west of the mighty Mississippi. I'd say he's technically in the proper forum, but he'll get alot more responses from
the general bowhunting forum. Maybe we should have Rodney change the "designation" of the forum to "Rocky Mountains and all points WEST!"

-ZA

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Louisiana is west of the Mississippi, so I posted here.
Beat by a few moments! dang it.

Hey L&J.... repost this in the general Bowhunting forum, you'll get ALOT more responses. The Western forum is mainly about hunting elk, moose, mule deer, black tail deer, coes deer.... etc. Most of the guys in this subforum don't even turkey hunt.:embara:

(I'm a turkey slaying machine myself)

-ZA

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
No worries...I noticed the Mississippi thing right after I posted. Fail for my geography skills for the day! :)

:chortle:

I have heard the WMAs in NW LA hold decent turkey populations, but honestly, the gator hunting seems like a lot more fun. Also there is nutria (I think that is how you spell it). Some sort of swamp rat (not Za206).

In my defense, there is a SMALL portion of LA east of the might Miss.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Do a poll and let's see.

-ZA
Go for it. The majority of hunters that I know are turkey hunters. Most of them just don't talk about it a lot. Probably cuz it's so easy to kill them:wink:

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Or so easy to pack them out! :wink:
:noidea:The ones I got last fall were pretty heavy, wore me out Just getting them back to the expedition

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.