Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last two years during archery season I have shot a nice buck, P & Y, and when it ran over the ridge to the creek, I hear a rifle shot, By the time I get down, the deer is gone and so is who ever is shooting. Rough
What to do? Steady eddie

·
Bowhunter
5,201 Posts
Follow the blood trail as quickly and quietly as possible (also think ahead of time where they would be parking) and get a license plate number. Then call the police. Don't confront them directly - let the police do that. Keep a cell phone on you, too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
steadyeddie said:
The last two years during archery season I have shot a nice buck, P & Y, and when it ran over the ridge to the creek, I hear a rifle shot, By the time I get down, the deer is gone and so is who ever is shooting. Rough
What to do? Steady eddie
I would suggest that you don't "smoke" and type at the same time. Two years, two P & Y bucks, both ran over the ridge to the creek, both claimed by gun hunters...:rolleyes:

3L

·
Registered
40 Posts
3L_Archer said:
I would suggest that you don't "smoke" and type at the same time. Two years, two P & Y bucks, both ran over the ridge to the creek, both claimed by gun hunters...:rolleyes:

3L

I Agree!:embara:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Duddddd

3L_Archer said:

3L
What part do you not under stand, professor, this happened twice, two times, one plus one equals two, in two years, each year.

·
Registered
837 Posts
steadyeddie said:
I guess I will just shoot for the spine and if I wound him to bad.
If you get both lungs I'd think you would have a good chance of claiming him. Anyway as soon as I heard the shot I would get down and investigate, surely you could see what was going on before they got the deer out of the woods.:wink:

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
3L_Archer said:

3L
I would suggest that YOU don't come off as a **** and just try to answer the question. It really wasn't that hard to figure out.

Eddie, I would say let it ride. Calling cops, game warden, etc with even a license plate probably won't get you too far. Plus, the guys you are dealing with apparantly don't give a crap about much, so you may be in for more trouble than you want.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Did both these deer stay on your property? Or are you saying that the gun hunters weren't suppose to be there? If it was not your land that they died on tough luck. Move further up your trail and shoot them sooner. Also I do smell something

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
my buddy in se pa had something similar happen last year. he shot a decent buck on private property, and let the deer go until the next morning.(not sure why because it was a perfect shot). went back the next morning, and all that was there was a guy pile, still on private property where we are the only ones that have permission to hunt.

·
Registered
603 Posts
steadyeddie said:
What part do you not under stand, professor, this happened twice, two times, one plus one equals two, in two years, each year.
Well I didn't intend to confuse you. As I read it, you shot a total of two P&Y bucks, this happend in a time span of two years and BOTH (2) deer were stolen from you by gun hunters. It all looks like TWO (2) to me. Am I missing something?
Speaking of 2, this story sounds TOO CRAZY.

If this actually happened then you have got to be the unluckiest person on here!

3L

1 - 20 of 34 Posts