Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Plant Bicycle frame Outdoor recreation

60 yards vpa broadhead and field point. Everything is just eye balled. Im just gonna leave it. Its driving tacks from all distances and all broadheads ive tired.
This is one of my favorite bows to date, definitely a keeper for hunting!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Word! I just picked up a used 35 in the AT classifieds. Having never shot one, I got a good enough deal to give it a try. So far, it’s been the best bow purchase, dollar for dollar, that I’ve made lately.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Congrats! I'm really liking my 35 also, but have to wonder how the 33 shoots..... may wait until next year and pick up one.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive had sometime to think, i have a press 5 bows all kinds of stuff. I usually go though a big tuning process. Sometimes the feel gets bad and messy. Alot of times i just change string for color purpose and its hard to get that feel back. Ive kind of learned now man if a bow is performing dont touch it!!! Should i just leave this eye balled?
Opening weekend is oct 1 the way it feels is amazing. Shooting vpa, montecs, buzzcuts, wasp drones, tota all money with field points.
I just really wonder what a paper tear looks like. What if its a nasty tear? I still dont think i would touch it. With other bows ive had a left tear issue and fix blades end up 5 inches right at 50. This is why im really happy with these results like over the moon. Would you guys confirm paper or a bare shaft?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Ive had sometime to think, i have a press 5 bows all kinds of stuff. I usually go though a big tuning process. Sometimes the feel gets bad and messy. Alot of times i just change string for color purpose and its hard to get that feel back. Ive kind of learned now man if a bow is performing dont touch it!!! Should i just leave this eye balled?
Opening weekend is oct 1 the way it feels is amazing. Shooting vpa, montecs, buzzcuts, wasp drones, tota all money with field points.
I just really wonder what a paper tear looks like. What if its a nasty tear? I still dont think i would touch it. With other bows ive had a left tear issue and fix blades end up 5 inches right at 50. This is why im really happy with these results like over the moon. Would you guys confirm paper or a bare shaft?
If your bow is shooting broadheads with field points at/or beyond your maximum hunting range, your bow is tuned. Paper or bareshaft results don't mean anything once your broadheads are flying with field points!!!!!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Anyone know the lead time right now on ordering a new bow from Athens?
Officially the website says 4-6 weeks but, I've been getting bows in the shop in ~ 2 weeks or so. I have bows in stock, what are you looking for?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I really am not 100% sure, I have a Revolt X now, which I love, its 33 ATA, but I've thought about going to a 31". But I also like a 35" ata bow. I know I want a 60# all FDE. I'm a 28.5" draw so I'm not sure about the string angle on the 31.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I really am not 100% sure, I have a Revolt X now, which I love, its 33 ATA, but I've thought about going to a 31". But I also like a 35" ata bow. I know I want a 60# all FDE. I'm a 28.5" draw so I'm not sure about the string angle on the 31.
I just sold my last FDE bow a few days ago (to a member here).

I have 2 65# Vista 31s and a 40# Vista 35 in stock. Hit me up. I'd be happy to help you get exactly what you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts