Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my new Cevedales and thought I would write down some first impressions. In a word--awesome! They are extremely well constructed. I have never had a boot even close to this. For the price, that is what I was expecting. Aron Snyder did some extensive testing and even design work on these and highly recommended them. Steve Lathrop was very helpful with all the questions I had about them.

They are everything the Lathrop and Sons website says about them. The lacing system is like none other--there is a locking loop where just before the laces start going up the ankle, that is really cool and helpful. They are very stiff. I wondered if they would be stiff enough, given their light weight design; that is not a concern at all. They are a bit stiffer than the Lowa Tibets. They feel comfortable, though I have only worn them around the house. They fit true to size, similar to the other Lowas I have had.

I can't wait to get some miles on these boots to test them out more and break them in, but they seem like winners!

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Any update on this boot?

Do they fit like the tibet? Or more like a camino flex?

DO you think they have as much ankle support as a tibet hi?

Blisters? Heel slip?

Durability so far??

·
Sponge 4 bowhunting info
11,112 Posts
Well the locking eyelet is anything but exclusive, many quality boots using them including the Meindl Dovre.

I've been breaking my new boots in and found myself experimenting with different lacing options to get exactly the right fit for long term comfort. Locking in the bottom is great but how you lace the top really makes a huge difference. You'll still need to stop and tighten em after a mile or two but that's par for the course. One thing I do during the break-in period is immediately after a hike, I pull em off and inspect my bare feet to see if there are any marks. Hotspots don't always turn up immediately, sometimes ya gotta be off the street and in the hills before they appear. Walking on flat ground doesn't impact your dawgs the same way climbing mountains does so before you spend a week in em backpacking...get some climb time in em. That's a boot's real test. That said, you aren't a real backcountry hunter until you've turned at least 3 or 4 toes black. LOL

The lacing technique shown in the video below really provided my big feet a lot of comfort they hadn't experienced in a boot before. No more heel slip or toe bang (which always happened when descending steep terrain).

Give us a full report when your boots are fully broken in okay?

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I now have just over 30 miles in my Cevedales, most of which has been on backcountry trails with a 50# pack.

I love the support that these boots provide; much more than my Lowa Ronan's. The ankle support and foot support is fantastic. I have hiked on some very rocky and uneven trails, but feel little foot fatigue. They fit similar to the Ronan's but have a lot more adjustability due to the lacing system. They are quite stiff, by design, but I am now used to that. I find them perfect with a green Superfeet insole, and Darn Tough socks with an REI silk liner sock. Very comfortable toe box and no heal slippage.

As for durability, while they are broken in, they show no signs if wear at all. I think these boots are going to last a long time!

I am very pleased with these boots!

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
good stuff, can't wait to start my review for you guys this upcoming Tuesday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts