Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, learned a valuable lesson today..when you think the blind window is low enough LOWER IT SOME MORE!!! Lost a bird today because when i shot i accidently shot the window :embara: ...arrow flew 5 yards to left of my mark. just thought i'd share

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Yep Blind Hunt requires a constant awareness of you arrow "plane" i Have learned to look with every change in my Upper torso movement. I have yet to hit but sure have came really close (screen cut 1/4" from material).

Get back out there that bird dont have a clue what happened.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
filmed a guy miss a bird at around 5 yards 2 years ago becauxe he shot the blind window.....valuable lesson to learn.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yeah you must consider that the arrow will be flying 3-4" below where your site is. It would be an easy mistake to make!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I always creep up to the front of my blind and make sure the arrow is slightly sticking out of the window before i shoot. I've heard enough horror stories on here.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I lost a bird last year at 19 yards. The Turkey Tomahawk blade hit the window on the way out and tilted the arrow down at about a 60 degree angle . The arrow stuck in the ground under the bird, but the shaft thumped him. There were feathers everywhere !!! He took off and flew and I chased him . I jumped him again and he took off again. There was no blood and I assume he was just fine except missing some feathers. I know I'll never do that again !!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
LOL! It's actually funny by the number of peoples blinds that I've seen b-heads slits at the bottoms of the windows. LOL! :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
I did the same thing today, but still got the bird, my innerloc put a nice slice across the window. I'll take lucky today.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
The same thing happened to me once. Now I place my blind at a lower elevation from where I expect turkeys to come from. This way I'm always shooting uphill instead of downhill or on the level. I hunt in hilly country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts