Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Brite Site pro tuner. This is my first experience with a launcher. (Had a trophy taker drop away.) When I draw back, the arrow (X-Jammers on a 1/4" size 10 launcher with a backer blade), it makes a scraping sound all along the carbon arrow. I suppose this is normal, and I am not used to it yet. Or does one lube the arrows or the rest? If so, with what?....thanks...

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
my victory arrow makes a slight noise when drawing through my hostage rest... yes, i lubed it with a thin coat of motor oil.. be sure to wipe the excess off or you might get oil on the bow and you..

my victory arrows do not have a glossy smooth finish but more like a matte finish..

·
Registered
644 Posts
I tried a little bit of bowstring wax rubbed on the leading half of the arrow and it helped a little. I'm not so sure I would like the taste of motor oil:confused:

cricman

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
my victory arrow makes a slight noise when drawing through my hostage rest... yes, i lubed it with a thin coat of motor oil.. be sure to wipe the excess off or you might get oil on the bow and you..

my victory arrows do not have a glossy smooth finish but more like a matte finish..[/QUOT

Regular or synthetic............? :confused:

·
Banned
1,351 Posts

my victory arrows do not have a glossy smooth finish but more like a matte finish..[/QUOT

Regular or synthetic............? :confused:
hahahha is it a joke? hahha since i only use synthetic in my car, i just happen to use mobil 1 syn. i use it to lube my guns too.:wink:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'll try the nail polish on the tuner, and maybe some bicycle wax lubricant on an arrow or two for now...ljo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts