Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THe company I work for is remodeling a scrap steel yard and the foreman on the job called me after work and said he had something for me. It was a brand new ladder stand in the box. He said there was a whole pallet and they told him he could have one.

· Registered
3,388 Posts
WOW:eek: what a score! I'd say you did alright on that deal!

· Registered
723 Posts
wow man you lucked out!! my dad runs a scrap metal yard and i told him to keep an eye out for tree stands for me. IN just 3 months he has given me 5 useable hang on tree stands. He has also gotten more that needed a little work done like switchin out rusted cables. Included in the 5 was a ameristep climbing stand that was in perfect shape that could'nt have been more then a year or 2 old!!

i mean shout if you guys live near some scrap yards it might not be a bad idea to call them and ask them to keep their eye's out for some or even say you'll buy the guy lunch if he can find you some good one's.

I think right now the price of steel is somthing like $150 a TON. It's probably less then that so im sure you could walk off with paying under $2 for a ncie treestand.

· Registered
723 Posts
IF they were at a scrap yard then maybe its defective.....be careful....oh and congrats!
i would say that most likly they are not defective although they could be. The yard my dad works for just got about 1000 chrome running boards from the new hummers as well as about 2000 tail light covers.. and about 25 pallets of rims all brand new the only reason they were brought in was because the demand couldnt meet the supply for the '08 models.....They also get rims all the time from cars that wouldnt be coming out till 2010 or later.... those sometimes have 500,000 machine test miles on them but usualy dont come boxed up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.