Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the Lucky Stops on their bow? Are they worth it? The cheap stock rubber draw stops don’t hold up well. Also, do the Lucky Stops make the wall more firm? Any feedback on these stops would be appreciated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
got em on mine love em...bought whole set to play with.currently have c4 on with 3dot [email protected] 60#dw, performance mod at 29"dl and stop at 29.5
wanted to use performance with just touch more valley.dl is 29-1/16 like this.i did put thin felt on cable contact edge of stop.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,646 Posts
Not running them on a Reign but would be if I had one. Run them on Realm X bows and would never use stock stops on another Bowtech again. Lucky Stops are MUCH better IMO. More solid wall and can customize draw length and valley easily. They are an awesome invention.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I also use and recommend them,,on my hunt bow I cover stops with a skinny strip of mole skin around the stop to make em dead quiet at anchor. u can really dial in draw length,, let-off, to your own style and they don,t cost much for what they do...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Might be a silly question but I am just now looking into these..... how much do the stops weigh

and does or could that weight change the performance of the cams.

I have the Sr 6 and it has a couple perimeter weights on it. I assume those are placed very specifically. If these stops are significantly heavier than the factory I’d think that could change the cams performance but maybe not.

I’m interested in these to get away from the rubber coated stops

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Might be a silly question but I am just now looking into these..... how much do the stops weigh

and does or could that weight change the performance of the cams.

I have the Sr 6 and it has a couple perimeter weights on it. I assume those are placed very specifically. If these stops are significantly heavier than the factory I’d think that could change the cams performance but maybe not.

I’m interested in these to get away from the rubber coated stops
In for feedback on this.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's interesting and good to know. Curious how that impacts the bow and if it changes the tune.

Please keep us posted on what you find.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
It changes to tune of the bow for sure. It allows the bow to be tuned to you personally like going to a tailor for your clothes

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,751 Posts
The stops do more than most people will understand until they are on the bow... Stops will create a firmer back wall as well as potentially allow you to add holding weight if that's what you want! But the ability to adjust your draw length is really an eye opener. Being about to adjust by 1/8th - 16th of an inch is worth the world. Most people will never adjust their draw on the this small of a scale. And even most people will never be aware of how much of a difference those small amounts affect pin float, hand position on your face and how different your holing abilities can vary! I own one on every bow!

For the price and how easy they are to install its a no brainer!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this is an older post, but I am thinking of running them on my older Invasion. I will say this. I emailed the company the other day and in no time Mr. Dorn wrote me back. He then asked some questions and emailed me back again on the exact ones I needed. Don’t know how the product works, but if it is anything like their service/communication they should be great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well I went ahead and broke down and bought some for my Invasion. I will say this; they are quick. Wasn’t long after I ordered them and they were in they Mail!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts