Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have my lumenocks not work as when when I use my bulldog collars on my Maxima Hunter 350's. Should I remove them to use my lumenocks???

·
Registered
51,109 Posts
Take a knife and scrap off the paint on the collar where the wires from the nock make contact. That should help. Also Carbon Express is making a line of lighted nocks that work well in a few different colors.:wink:

·
Registered
306 Posts
you can scrape the paint off of the collars or what works more consistently for me is to just take the collar completely off.. i have had no problems since i removed mine

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I take the collars off. My arrows shoot perfectly without them. However, if you want to use them, I heard you can take a retired arrow and cut very short pieces (like 1/16") and slide these onto the nock before installing it onto the collar. This way the Lumenock is contacting carbon instead of collar and will work just as if you didn't have the collars on. Good Luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
You got to "make the connection"

Lumenoks work by requiring the arrow "or collar in this case" to provide part of the circuit. Where the Lumenoks contacts touch the back of the collar it must be clear of the colored coating. The anodization which provides the color is non-conductive. Dale_B1 is correct. I personally use the collars. They are a more durable conductor than the carbon, and protect the shaft from strikes.
We at the Burt Coyote Co. also have a new color. We introduced green Lumenoks in our Signature nock and in our Gold tip nock this year. You won't see it on our web site yet, but hopefully in the next 2 weeks. If you have questions, please call. 309-358-1602
They are also available at dozens of retailers today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts