Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried out some luminocks but am wondering if they will work. They seem alittle loose as when I remove an arrow from my string they come off. They do stay attached while target shooting. Problem is I don't think I can fit in the piece of paper they recommend to use in order to snug them up. Anyone think they will be tight enough to stay on through a deer or should I try something else? Thanks

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
If I were you I would look at the home made stuff on here and make your own,I did and I think they work just as well.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
the home made stuff is soo much better. I bought a lumenock and it didn't work at all. back to the store it went. the home made ones you can make for three bucks. I'd much rather have them. just get some black nocks like the thread says...otherwise, you will have a glowing nock in the stand. I shot my one homemade nock at home in the dark to check to see if I had any arrow wobble. what a sight that was! I gave it to my hunting mentor, he really liked the idea and the cost. plus, you can get at least two different colors, green or red.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The Thill LED comes in red green and orange. IMO, red is by far the brightest I have mine set up so they light when the arrow is released. I use a flo yellow nock. For some reason it seems to stand out much brighter then the other colors I’ve tried, which is clear, flo green and white. In low light conditions the nock is extremely visible, not only for the shot but also for arrow recovery. That’s why I prefer the whole nock lit vs. just a hole in the end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you to place that tells your how to do your own? Was there any performance difference with either the homemade or the luminocks? Were you able to shut the luminocks off, so that they may be reused?

·
Registered
35 Posts
How do you set the homemade nock to light when the arrow is released?

I saw how to make them on the Homemade Stuff thread but it only showed how to make them so that they must be manual turned on before you shoot.

Thanks for the Help.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Maybe you could try some very thin paper such as tracing paper.

I have the x nocks for Axis arrows and they were too tight, so I took my knife and trimmed the ridges off the insert part of the nock. This works great, except a couple got trimmed too much, so I had to use the tracing paper and it works well.

It's a hell of a lot easier than making your own. I'm all for "do it yourselfing" but I don't have time to make everything. So, I go the easy route when I need to.

After all, I could carve my own canoe out of a tree trunk, but it would be a lot easier to just buy one!!:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts