Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if someone can reassure me that my recently ordered relacement straps from LW are correct? My LW is older and i thought i better replace the straps so i ordered a couple. The strap appears to be thinner than the older LW straps. The straps from my XOP appear and feel the same as the older LW straps. (Thicker and stronger) So i question the newer thinner straps from LW....Does anyone have a newer LW who also had an older one that can verify the straps are thinner and perhaps a different material? From top to bottom in the picture. New XOP strap that is one month old. Middle strap is the new replacement from LW that is one month old. Bottom strap is the old LW strap. To be honest, the old strap feels stronger than the new strap. Any expierience and advice on this would be appreciated. Maybe i ordered wrong? Idk.

· Registered
188 Posts
Doesnt anyone have an older lone wolf stand and a newer one with newer straps that can verify this?
I have a set of older LW sticks that have the same older gray straps you show here. I have some newer stands and sticks that have all came with the newer brown/tan straps. I've had no issues or concerns with the newer ones and have hung lock on many times with the same straps. Its just the style they use now as far as I can tell, you didn't order wrong.
I have no experience with XOP.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set of older LW sticks that have the same older gray straps you show here. I have some newer stands and sticks that have all came with the newer brown/tan straps. I've had no issues or concerns with the newer ones and have hung lock on many times with the same straps. Its just the style they use now as far as I can tell, you didn't order wrong.
I have no experience with XOP.
10-4. Thank you for helping! Just one question....Your new strap appears and feels thinner and like its a different texture / material?

· Registered
188 Posts
10-4. Thank you for helping! Just one question....Your new strap appears and feels thinner and like its a different texture / material?
Sorry...just saw this.
Yes thats correct on the new straps, I do feel the cams bite better on the new ones as the old straps tend to get a little slick, never had trouble with either though.

· Registered
1,119 Posts
I have used both, I prefer the newer versions. The grey ones I believe, were issued prior to 2011 when they came back from china. I have a 2011 alpha and it came with the newer style strap and all of them since then have for me as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.