Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LW Stand & Sticks package Deal? Best Place to Buy? & bow holder question - Heli m

Hi All,

Fairly novice bowhunter here. I've been reading and reading all of your suggestions and advice relating to hang on stands and stix and have finally decided on 4 LW climbing sticks and the LW Alpha hang-on stand. I have an older Loggy climber that I really like, but have had trouble finding a tree a lot of the time where I hunt. Limbs are one thing (although not remotely recommended, I've stood on a limb and moved my stand around it before), but remotely straight trees are my main reason for going this route.

So, I have been pricing the stand and stix and WOW! I figured you guys may know of the best place to get the best prices or some ideas of a discount since I want to get a whole "package".

I have a Math Helim bow and was also wondering if the LW platform holder worked for this particular bow. Should I get the grommet? Seems like it would be a good idea.

I want to get gear I'm gonna keep for years and years, but the price tag is a bit of a stretch for me.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Hopefully I can start contributing on here myself soon. (Hope I put this in the right forum)

Thanks

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Check out our website, we have the Alphas and sticks in stock.
Pm me and I will see if we can get you a descent price.

Also, The new 2012 platforms are made so that the bow gromment doesnt work with them. There is no need for the grommet.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How did they change it so you don't need the grommet?

I have an older alpha, but would go for the assault if I was doing it over again, just to save 3 lbs. Prices I've seen everywhere seem to be pretty level around $240 to $260 for the alpha. I don't know if they still do it, but Gander Mountain used to offer "double the difference off" on anything. I found the Alpha on sale at Scheels, and let Gander Mtn know, and walked out with it for $200.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: LW Stand & Sticks package Deal? Best Place to Buy?

How did they change it so you don't need the grommet?

I have an older alpha, but would go for the assault if I was doing it over again, just to save 3 lbs. Prices I've seen everywhere seem to be pretty level around $240 to $260 for the alpha. I don't know if they still do it, but Gander Mountain used to offer "double the difference off" on anything. I found the Alpha on sale at Scheels, and let Gander Mtn know, and walked out with it for $200.
Thanks Junkpile for the ideas. Yes, apparently the grommet isn't used in the 2011 & 2012 models. Their site says 2011, but as you see above Huntindad says 2012 also. I guess they just haven't updated their website to specify, grommet not work on 2011 and newer models. If its not rubberized though, i sure would think it would be noisy against the bow. Guess I'll find out and use tool dip if i think its loud.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, I was actually curious how the bowholder won't damage the bow without a grommet in there. Maybe it's ground smooth or something? I've never picked up a grommet for mine and didn't use the bowholder for that reason.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I never liked that bowholder feature. Just didn't keep my bow in the right position, and took up the platform. I much prefer a realtree bow holder screwed into the tree so my bow hangs "just so". ymmv. Be safe

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have the alfa stand, I find that I do not like to reach for the bow when a deer is near. I rather use one that attaches to the stand and is on the side of the stand. In addition I like to be able to adjust the angle that the bow sits in the stand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all...

Thanks for all the input! Its nice not to feel alone. None off my buddies bow hunt.

I wasn't totally buying the "bow holder between the legs" idea and you both helped me out with that one. I'll take that opinion out of my buying decision.

I thought i decided and now i don't know. I've been eye balling the leverage sticks (and maybe moding them), looking at the M50 Millennium stand and thinking about just using my old Loggy stand as a hang on. Oofta.....too many choices! LOL ......How lucky i am to have such choices......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
831 Posts
as for the sticks. If the tree is not straight they work great that is where they really shine. If the tree is a straight they also work great but the regular $40 walmart special install quicker and with less effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts