Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I hate to start a thread like this for fear that it has been hashed out already. I ran some searches and never really found the information I need. I am considering buying a new bow. I have shot the LX and Cybertech side by side and really think the Cybertech is smoother with less kick. I would really like to hear some opinions on the new cam and 1/2 from those who own them. I think alot of my problem is Matthews advertising, but it is hard to get that out of my head. I wonder if I will wish I had bought a Matthews one year from now if I go with the Hoyt. I would really like to hear from some professionals who know their stuff. Thanks in advance. I will check back later for your help. Which should I choose? I have even considered the Legacy b/c I think it shoots smoother than the LX.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have been shooting a cybertec since january.These bows and especially these cams are awesome.I shot martin single cams before and never had success like this year.I will be buying another Hoyt when the new model year is announced for a target bow and this will be my hunting bow.I have shot a score of 390 at a IBO world qualifier 3D shoot.I shot a field score of 820 to take 3rd place at the Iowa state shoot.Thursday I shot a 300 with 58 x's indoor with 2512's.The outdoor scores were with A/C/C 3-28's.Go with the Hoyt you won't be dissapointed.As for Mathews timing claims I shoot about 400 arrows a week and all I had to do was give one cable a couple of twists twice in 7 months.Thats alot of arrows.I just replaced the factory strings with tiger strings so I'm not completely biased. Jim Hutchinson

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am new to this, but a fellow recently told me, "I could recommend a bow to you, you could spend a thousand dollars, and then be completely disgusted with your purchase".

A bow is a very personal thing. It might be perfect for hundreds of others and not "right" for you.

Both Mathews and Hoyt make good bows. They are apparently both good companies that stand behind their products. Both brands seem to hold their resale value well.

So, consider the purpose of the bow (target, hunting, release, or fingers), compare the specs, consult the bow comparison chart at http://www.huntersfriend.com, see what others in your area are shooting, and then make your decision. If the bow feels "right" to you, is comfortable in your hands, looks good to you, then you will be able to shoot well with it -- then you will enjoy owning it.

And, in comparing, don't eliminate other brands; such as PSE, Reflex (made by Hoyt), Martin, etc. Every company needs to engage in advertising and marketing. But, if you have two companies fighting for market share, then you could have excessive marketing and advertising costs that could result in inflated prices. Also, consider delivery schedule. How many weeks will it take to get your bow if it is not in stock.

Jim Holloman
Atlanta, GA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts