Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I hate this..LOL...I'm in the market for a new bow as some of you might know...Well, I'm thinking, HOYT cam 1/2 bow, maybe? PSE PRIMOS STL, Maybe? AR 37 or 34, maybe? And as much as I hate to admit it I did look at a Mathews LX a few weeks ago....Now people can bash Mathews or whatever, I aint in that mess...But I do kinda hate to buy one cause everyone else around here shoots em & I like to be different...Anyway, on to me question about the LX, How well does that Roller Guard work on em???? I can see where it would work good but I can also see where it would cause alot of wear on the cables after some time.........I hear some people saying that the String Dmapner things "what ever they call em, lol" wear out pretty quick...Well I dont see that being as big of a deal to replace as the cables would be....As we all know to well a good set of cables & string arent cheap and I dont want to end up going through a couple of sets a year cause of something like the rollers wearing them out......I must admit though, the LX did feel good to me when I was holding & drawing it...Havent shot any arrows through it yet but I have shot a Q2 some & the Legacy from last year "have buddies who own em"....They were both smooth but I wasnt that impressed with their speed, but then again they were only pulling like 60lbs "Q2" and 55lbs. "Legacy" and I shoot 70lbs. on all my bows.....Any help would be great on this bow as far as problems with it go.......

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Check out BowTech's line up:D They have EXTRA speed and are lighter and have the forgivness to match. The customer service, should you ever need it is second to none. The speeds are guaranteed that are on the birth certificate, can't go wrong!

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,100 Posts
I have shot many of your choices. I liked the draw cycle and speed of the cybertec this year. It was a great bow. I think it is a better one than the LX for the quietness. I also shot the STL and it is smooth quiet and a tack driver. The LX is fast but I think the cybertec is a little quieter and smoother to draw. That is just the honest opinion of someone who shoots quite a few bows.

·
Banned
17,974 Posts
biggame, I've heard the rumors...

but I have many, many shots through my LX with absolutely no visible wear to my cables. From what I have been able to glean, there must have been a bad batch of Roller Guard assemblies that went out at one time, as several complained about aluminum shavings appearing on their roller guards after a few shots, but I have experienced no problems whatsoever.

Now, perhaps I'm a simple anomaly, but I haven't had a problem with my string suppressors, either. I even bought a couple of extra sets just in case but haven't needed them to this point. Obviously, there will be a time when they will fail- but I haven’t seen that day. I average about 150 - 200 shots/week on my LX that I have shot since early May. Though I'm not a high volume shooter, I figure I have put in excess of 2500 shots through my LX with no visible detriment to the cable or strings. That gives me confidence in the Roller Guard.

-----
Indychris

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
jdaddy, you really can't go wrong with any of the bows you've
asked about... it really boils down to which one fits best in
your hand and which one shoots best to you.. there is no
correct answer as we all have different preferences.. you
won't go wrong with any of the above bows...but do keep
in mind dealer support and manufacturer support when
purchasing any of these bows...could boil down to the
best dealer in your area...

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,100 Posts
great point just shoot. any of those bows will work great they are all the tops. Find the one you like best and that is the one.
Indy Chris, What rumors I don't shoot over, well never mind I lost count how many bows I shoot a year.:)

·
Banned
17,974 Posts
Sorry, biggame...

I misaddressed the last post to you, when I meant to respond to the roller guard question posed by J-Daddy.:(

-----
Indychris

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,100 Posts
I know I was just ribbing ya. I figured my wife had been talking about how many bows I shoot. I got me an old ultratec with the comand cams on the way. I'll bet it will shoot too.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
lx

i have a lx its a fantastic bow do not let these idiots the bow bashers let you down like i said its a fantastic bow its very smooth draw bow at the 80% let off shoots great and as far as the roller they work very well it keeps your cable and string from fraying never had any problem with the cable roller i have been shotting them for two years on my icon
you will not be disapointed on of the best bows ever bilt
my openion

·
NC ASA Director
35,940 Posts
No problems with my LX yet. It draws sweetly and is the best feeling bow I have ever had at my anchor point. It fits me the best of any bow so far.

I like my 03 Ultratec too, but I'm not as comfortable a full draw. My brother-in-laws cybertec 03 feels like the limbs break when it rolls over at 70lbs. Very hard to get use to, IMO.

My Ultratec at 60lbs draws real smooth, but is also harsh going into the valley at higher poundage. Might be a problem when hunting getting your arrow to stay on the rest. So I hunt with mine at 60lbs. Plenty accurate and fast at 60.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its a great bow. No problems with mine. I did change the top and bottom suppressors mainly cause I wanted to before the season started.

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
I did not see any thing about a Martin here, you know they are the best bows made :D.

OK, here is what I have to say. I have shot the LX and the guys from our shop that shoot them A LOT have not had troubles with wear from the roller guard. They shoot very nice, as do all the bows you have listed. Like what was said before, get the one that fits you the best. I have shot MANY different bows and there are 2 grips that I like the best, Hoyt and PSE Phase 3. Now, I do not shoot either a Hoyt or a PSE for taget, but do shoot a PSE for hunting. To get a bow just to be different is OK, but do not compromize what you want just to be different. Get the bow that feels the best to you. Also, look at the service you get from the company. Right now, I would never order a Hoyt again, and this is personal. to me Martin and PSE have been the best and Mathews is also been good. But Matin has been to so far, and that says a lot when it comes time to buy another bow.

Good luck!! :D

LeEarl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts