Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shooting a 3-d today and my string or cable was jumping out of the roller guard on every shot. the bow shot awesome, my best round this year, but i know thats gonna be a problem. it jumps out if you barely touch the cable. i did a search and couldnt find out what to do about it. has anyone been able to aleviate this problem. thanks in advance, easton94

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Take it in and they should warranty it. There were 2 here like that and they replaced the risers on them. The company said a new guy put 250 prototypes on them by mistake. Sounds hokey to me too, but thats what the guy at the shop said. My friend was one who got a new riser. Why didnt they just replace the roller guard?:confused: Good Luck.:)

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will i be without a bow for a month, or will they ship the new riser and my dealer ship mine to them. easton94

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
That probably depends on the dealer. My friends (new parts)were shipped to the shop first and they changed it out for him in one afternoon, then sent the old one back. FOC of corse. Mathews and the shop treated both of thes guys well to make it right. Hope your's does too.:)

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i could see why they would not be able to do a new roller guard, if its a prototype the riser is probably machined differently. therefore they would have to special make a roller for it. wow, i cant hardly believe that those bows got through. i hope they fix it. easton94

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone else had experience with this?? i love the bow and will get it fixed, it is just annoying at worst. easton94

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks tmarch, im gonna go to the shop on teus and try to resolve it. easton94

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,427 Posts
Was there ever a fix for this? I'm having a similar problem with an LX.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes there is a fix for the problem. We had some LX's with the same problem at our shop. Turns out that there was a bad batch of roller guards. Mathews shipped new roller guards for all of our LX's and this fixed the problem. You need to go to the shop and have them order you a new roller guard.

·
NC ASA Director
35,933 Posts
They shortened the roller guard to put more preload on the cables so they won't come out. They should replace it free.

The cables have never jumped out of mine so far.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Theres two differnt roller guards.The older ones was a little longer.Not sure of the measurements.My first LX has the longer one but never gave no problem so I never had it changed.
ATA with the older one is 35 3/4 with the shorter roller is 35 5/8 if thats any help.

·
9,427 Posts
Could you LX shooters provide this distance for me. Mine measures 4" but I understand it should be 3 3/4"?

HELP!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
4 and 1/16

I got 4 and 1/16 of an inch, but my cable couldn't jump out if it wanted to. There is not enough room between the roller and the U shaped bracket to let it move that far.

·
9,427 Posts

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
eplc

just have to ask what color is that mathews lx, what pattern is that?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts