Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone shoot it today? If so what did you think?
I shot it.....And for me the course flat out beat me.....
I wasnt prepared for gators that were 36-38 ish yards or turkeys that were in the 35-40 yard range :eek:
Plus with alot of shots down tunnel ways and when I shot it was really overcast and downright dark in the woods at 9:00am. Made for tough shooting!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mac

I agree with it being hard. It is every year so that is nothing new. I had some body shots and even missed one from the orange stakes. That miss was a flinch and punch but I still did it. I would have liked some larger animals to go along with all those turkeys. Maybe have some shots going between some trees. Every lane was cut out but that is what makes every course different.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Due to shooting a slider sight I had to shoot the blue stakes. I use no magnification and dont have all the fancy long stabilizer equipment. But I had the "fun" of shooting the long stakes against people like that. I may set the bow up with fixed pin again and shoot 3-D that way. Not really fair just because you shoot a slider to make you shoot in the open class......So when shooting 40-50 yards at something like a turkey, gator, etc it was tough...

·
Registered
26 Posts
The guy I shoot with had the same setup. Just a metal sliding pin shooting in the same class as the scopes. Probably should have some fixed pins that go on and off when shooting MAC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts