Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I like elk!
18,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used Mach1 last week or so.
It arrived with the cables touching the cams and string stop.
I looked back at the original for sale thread, and you can see the cables are touching the string stop(didn’t notice before I purchased).

The cable guard had rotated, and that was causing the contact.
The problem I noticed, was that in order to tighten the cable guard properly, the mount for the cable guard would have dug into the carbon.

What I’m seeing is the cable guard mount is directly against the carbon riser....
I can’t see how this is a solid mounting system.

Seems to me, there should be an aluminum piece imbedded in to the carbon, like there is for the sight and rest.

My questions are, has anyone looked under their cable guard (or want to) to see if there is an aluminum piece in there?
Or, has anyone adjusted their cable guard either for tuning or because it started to rotate?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have adjusted the cable guard. I did not look under the bracket though but I would have to assume that there is a bushing or else it would strip out. My cable was slightly rubbing the bottom cam from factory.

·
I like elk!
18,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply..
There is a bushing, but it’s coming in from the sight mount side.
I’m more asking, if there is something between the cable guard mount and the riser.

It seems like the cable guard mount is bolted directly to the carbon, and the cable guard mount bolt goes through the riser and threads into the back of the sight mount aluminum part.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Mine looks like it is bolted directly against the carbon as well. I will post a pic of how mine looks in the morning.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Mine looks the same as Big bucks 170 above except I rotated my slide out to almost 3:00. My slide position was very close to his before I started tuning.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Mine looks the same as Big bucks 170 above except I rotated my slide out to almost 3:00. My slide position was very close to his before I started tuning.

I'm having some issues bare shaft tuning with my Mach1 at centershot. I also pushed my cable guard over to 2-3 O'Clock position to give plenty of clearance with vanes and cables. Do you think that would impact ability to tuned to centershot? Has anyone had to shim cams when doing this to tune?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I'm having some issues bare shaft tuning with my Mach1 at centershot. I also pushed my cable guard over to 2-3 O'Clock position to give plenty of clearance with vanes and cables. Do you think that would impact ability to tuned to centershot? Has anyone had to shim cams when doing this to tune?
I did not have to shim my Mach 1 but I've shimmed a bunch of PSE bows. I have not seen much impact from bareshaft movement using the cable guard. I know some guys use it, but each time I've tried to use it to clean up a tear, I see minimal results.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I adjusted the cable guard to the 3 o’clock position, I will have to shim the cams as rotating the guard didn’t help my nock right tear. Didn’t look under the guard when I made the adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
My buddy keeps having his stabilizer come loose
When he tightens it down it turns the string stop mounting bolt
$1400 bow shouldn’t be having these issues
I put blue loc tire on a lot of my stuff because it seems to give loose
Sight mount bolts
Rest bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
This thread must have jinxed my bow. Shot a couple arrows yesterday, and was hitting about 2 inches right. Figured I'd shoot a Ramcat and see where it was doing, and it too hit about 2 inches right at 30 yds. Looked down and noticed the cable guard had come loose and was at 12 o'clock. Fletching was hitting the cable slightly. Easy fix, but should have tightened it down initially....The good part? Even hitting the cables, my arrow was still in the kill zone. :)

·
I like elk!
18,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pse should have reverse threaded the cable guard attachment so it tightens against itself with the pressure coming from the cables.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts