1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
287 Posts
What happened at Worlds??? One of my shooters, Fletch Cummings won semi-pro....I'm very proud of him!!!! I'm also very happy for him.

However, I'm curious as to what happened. I talked to him this evening on the cell, but he was breaking up.......give me some details.

Thanks,
maco12
:cool:

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
60x, I want more ASA shoots up north also but it seems like the shoots up here that we do have draw us northerners only. We all travel down south but there arent that many that travel up here from the south. Just my observation!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
We could do it like football....AFC & NFC......Have the North shoots and South shoots with a BIG showdown at the end of the year.....:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
I hope to see another ASA shoot here in Indiana, I am only 20 minutes from Ft. Wayne and the Auburn shoot was nice I wish it would have had a better turn out. I am also an IBO state rep but I will no longer be a state rep fo rthe IBO, I am mainly shooting ASA now this coming season in 2004 and I have found so far that the ASA is really family oriented and cares about its shooters and takes in consideration what everyone wants. The ASA is an organization I am proud to be a part of.

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the IBO has their southern triple crown and I think it's time that the ASA does something similier.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
northern shoots

I don't know about (all) of the shooters from the south, but i know of approx. 30 that are in my area that always came to the turkeyville shoot and the auburn one. From what i can gather we could not get the shooters from the Northern states to come to those two shoots. I also know its not fair that the shoot in La. only has approx. 55 more shooters than the one @ turkeyville did for the last 2 years, But when someone else is paying the bills for the shoot thats the way it goes.I really don't think the site @Auburn was the best place for the shoot,But as they say if they have it i will be there. GARY COFFEY from the south

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Brad, back when I used to go to all the shoots, we begged the ASA to come up here. They never seemed real interested in it.

I have said from day 1 that the ASA treats their shooters way better.

All this hoopla with the IBO is nothing new. Years ago we wanted to know where all the money went, and why things were run the way they were.

Same as now...the arrogant one would just blow it off.

Take the 8x bino rule. Supposedly, 1 bino company made a set of 10x binos that could be used as a crude rangefinder, due to a very highly adjustable focus knob. No problem, just outlaw that brand, but no, everybody had to go buy 8x binos that they will never use for anything but IBO shoots.

Not trying to bum you out, if you need any support to beg the ASA to hold shoots up this way...count me in. I will gladly hold qualifiers at our club.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts