Archery Talk Forum banner

made my first meat of the year last night

816 14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,037 Posts
wow, awesome longbow kill!!!!!!!! should be a great eater.

ive got some deer with my recurve, gonna try in south dakota this fall with my longbow. id be plenty happy to take one like that.....

· Registered
1,376 Posts
an ddi it with a LB. good job!! what bow is that? what heads did ya use? i have a martin "barta bow" that i got from 3 rivers. its a blast to shoot and ill probably be hunting with it and maybe a self bow next year. nice kill!

· Registered
8,159 Posts
:cheers: Congrats on the doe with a longbow! :cheers:

· Registered
2,124 Posts
:eek: That shirt is just gettin' good! Takes alot of work to get them that comfortable. Nice doe!

· Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
an ddi it with a LB. good job!! what bow is that? what heads did ya use? i have a martin "barta bow" that i got from 3 rivers. its a blast to shoot and ill probably be hunting with it and maybe a self bow next year. nice kill!
the bow is a 66" Morrison. 83# @ 29.5". I'm shooting 30.5" 2317s with a 145gr snuffer on a 100 gr adapter. Total arrow weight is 722 gr

Josh

· Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats!!

I think it's time to retire that shirt though :lol: send it on over to us and we'll send you a nice hole-less Battle Drum tee to replace it... :wink:
That shirt is worth at least a replacement shirt and a pack of wraps:wink:

Josh

· Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and for the rest of ya running your mouth about my lucky shirt.....:bartstush:

Josh

· Registered
692 Posts
I guess pulling an 83lb longbow can make you "hulk" out of a shirt like that....:eek::wink::darkbeer:

Super nice deer! Congratulations!

· Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Having grilled backstrap, a cheese and bacon baked potato, and a cold beer right now. :hungry::beer: Man I love fall

Josh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.