Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an Elite Hunter...what a sweet shooting bow! I've been a Hoyt shooter for years. In fact, I just bought a new Faktor 30 in October! I wish I would have looked at Elite before that purchase, I would have saved myself some money! Not only does it shoot great, but comes with a good set of strings and cables right out of the box!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was a Mathews guy for years. In fact I bought a monster MR6 this year to hunt with. Then I went and shot the Elites. Bought one and then ended up trading the MR6 for another one. I love these bows! I will be shooting Elite for a long time to come. Many people are making the switch!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I made the switch also. My first mathews was the Ultra light in 1994 then an MQ1 then a legacy then SBXT. I got out of bowhunting for a few years and this year started up again. I went and shot the mathews bows since that is what I liked before. I didn't really like or dislike any of them so I figured I would just use my SBXT which is still a fine bow. Then I went to the local Elite dealer and shot a few of the 13 models and also the energy 32 and 35. I left with an Energy 35 in Xtra camo with a QAD HDX rest (always used the biscuit but figured I might as well try a drop away). I don't think I will be shooting my SBXT for a while.
I am not super picky about bows but this energy 35 is amazing.
29.5 draw at 67 lbs is netting 283 on the chrono with 415 gr total arrow weight.
gary

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I shot a Hoyt Alphamax for years, which is a great bow. Never liked that if I relaxed even 1 bit that it felt like it wanted to go. I read the hype on the Elites having such a great draw, valley, and backwall. When I found a lefty in the classifieds here, I jumped at it never have even shot one. I figured that if I didn't like it, I could put it back up for sale wo much of a loss. After the first couple of shots, and my first robinhood, the Hoyt was on the classifieds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts