Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been building bows and become a sponsor here on AT and offering the following type longbows. These bows are fast, smooth on the fingers and hit hard. My bows are a hybrid style limbs that offer speed and smooth off the fingers. I also make the typical D shape limb that is a smooth shooter as well.
The following prices include the 11% excise tax that I must pay on all bows. If you live in Wisconsin then you add the appropriate sales tax of 5.5% to the GOV. My one piece bows start at $425 and this allows for bamboo limbs over clear glass or black if you wish. If you would like to have veneers then add $50 for front and back. There are some veneers that I would have to check on in the exotics style. I have a more reflex style limb that is close to a recurve but not and typical D shape limb. The more reflex limb is my "Pronghorn" series and they produce really good speed as well as smooth off the finger with "no" finger pinch and I offer that in 56-60" model. The D shape model is my "Raghorn" series in a 60-62" with a smooth non finger pinch moder. The left model is my Pronghorn series and right is the typical D shape Raghorn series.

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
custom T/D models

My typical T/D series bows come in various lengths as well. My typical "Pronghorn" series with the more reflex limbs come in 60-68" total length. The "Raghorn" series is in 60-64" total length. I offer handles in 14, 16 and 18" length. The prices start at $600 and this also includes bamboo limbs under clear glass. If you want to save a few dollars and not go with veneers I can dye the bamboo to match the handle if you wish at no extra charge. The handles would include the one color wood and if you want two seperate colors in handle then add $55 to cost. This also is in the one piece bows as well. If you go with a two color wood combo I will match the limb tips with the handle as you see in the pictures below. Please feel free to call or email me at: [email protected] or my cell: 262-206-0124.
Thanks and good shooting,
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
SWEET looking bows Dave

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
custom T/D recently finished

Here is new bow recently finished and for sale. This bow has marble wood veneers over bamboo cores under clear glass. The handle has marble wood with wenge half moons. Down the center of the bow has a unique look of a black phenolic strip of 1/8" thick. The shelf is cut to center and is a sweet shooting bow.
The specs are: 44# @ 28" with a 64" AMO length. The cost is $675 with $25 shipping and insurance.
Thanks
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wood was really unique and couldn't resist making a bow with it. I definetly will be making another bow sometime soon with this wood. I have some veneers left and it will be a beauty.
Thanks for looking and good shooting,
Dave

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
veneers

These are some veneers that I have to offer with my bows. These would be under clear glass either front and back or both.
Thanks for looking and good shooting,
dave
Wood Hardwood Rectangle Beige Plywood
Wood Hardwood Rectangle Beige Plywood
Brown Maroon Wood Material property Textile
Wood Brown Hardwood Wood stain Beige

The first pic is: top ziricote and birdseye maple
2nd pic: curly etimoe, sapele
3rd pic: marble wood, bubinga, paduak, satine and osage.
These are just a few veneers and I am able to get most other veneers.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just a note, as part of his hunt Dave made me a bow in 2010. Folks, Daves bows are a dream. I love mine, it isn't just a bow, it is a piece of art work!! I met and hunted for a week with Dave, and on the mountain he shared with me his sense of obligation toward his customers. Dave is a 100% stand behind his product guy. The bow he made for me fits my hand like a glove, great hard hitting shooter too. I am new to the traditional side of archery and dave has given me much instruction along the road to my new found hobby! You simply cannot go wrong with one of his bows, I put my business and personal name behind his products.

Alan

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ttt for a good guy and a heck of a bowyer! I was with Dave on the trip mentioned above. Now I'm not a traditionai guy (yet!), but as Alan said, the bows are works of art. The finish is awesome and the inlays are superb. As for shooting, all I can say is Dave could shoot lights out! If you're interested in a longbow, give Dave a call! I'm planning on it...if I can get the courage to lose the training wheels!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys and all the luck went to Alan but I wouldn't change anything about that hunt. I learned so much from Alan the outfitter that years of hunting DIY couldn't do and the friendship along the way made it all even better. All the best and keep hunting hard, fair chase the rest will take place.
Dave

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
one piece pronghorn w/ black main phenolic and rosewood satine white inlays

Fur Wood
Longbow Bow Musical instrument Bow and arrow String instrument
String instrument Guitar String instrument Plucked string instruments Musical instrument
Plant

Here is a bow recently finished for a member of Racine Instinctive Bowmen. It is the bow on the left which you see on main page above. The main black piece is phenolic with white fiberglass inlays seperating the rosewood satine wood. The handle has a bumb out that the customer wanted. I actually like the way it feels and shoots. There is no hand shock and is smooth off the fingers.
Dave

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dave, just got one of your creations (second hand) and love it - the grey diamondwood riser with grey carbon-backed actionwood limbs. It is fast and accurate. Even though dark, windy, freezing, and not getting much chance to play with brace height or arrow, I still stacked a few arrows right off the bat. I may have found my hunting rig for the fall.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I very pleased to hear that and keep me posted on any future harvest pics that you obtain through the hunting seasons. Look forward to any pics out there with there bows in hand stomping through the woods and trails.
Dave

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Sweet looking bows Buddy

1 - 20 of 286 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.