Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a person doe's the info needed for printing a sight tape,and they are useing the MAG NOCKS on the arrows,how or will this change the way they supply or take the measurements you request for the printing of accurate sight marks? Thank you...>>--Skip-->(X)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Take measurement as you would for any shaft. I don't believe that you will have any trouble with your sight tapes. Calculate Speed from two sight settings and you should get just as accurate a sight tape as for any other arrow.

Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
NOPE Sorry

Perry, Skip
That is NOT exactly true.. For ACCURATE sight tapes when using Magnocks you will need to do a "Speed Offset" in the menu.. Because if you don't, you will enter your settings and then enter your chrono speed and it will say that you are out of spec.. It has happened on EVERY bow I have set up so far... So what I do is enter the actual setting and the actual speed and go to "Customize",, "Speed Offset", "Yard Marks" and set up the speed offset to match my sight settings... AA DOES NOT accept BOTH the VERY Accruate settings and the Chrono speed I enter...EVER...Without doing this... I ALWAYS have to do a speed offset to make it accept my settings and to make the tapes come out and match my other 2 or 3 settings that I get just to check the program... Because of the closing of the "Gap" that Magnock gives you at long ranges....The program actually "thinks" that your bow has to SPEED UP to have a given 80 yard setting with the chrono speed that you enter... And the program says that your settings are not correct when they are....That is why I tried to give you the info. you asked for Perry.....Hope this helps...Pro1

·
Registered
506 Posts
Pro1,

Speed Offset is only used to calibrate Archer's Advantage Calculated Speed to your Chronograph. It has NO effect on the accuracy of Sight Tapes derived from Calculated Speed. It only makes the program agree with your Chronograph so you can get a 'quick & dirty' sight tape from your chronograph.

If a MagNock equipped shaft really does retain more speed downrange than an equivalent shaft using conventional nocks, it would be necessary to use Drag Offset to perfectly model the trajectory of a MagNock equipped shaft (not Speed Offset).

I know you are anxious for me to perform some Hooter Shooter Tests to derive accurate Drag Information for MagNocks, but since I have been working 6 Days a week for a couple of months now (anticipate at least 3 more months of this), there is no way I can perform these tests right now. After all, with two small children at home my wife would kill me if I spent my only day off away from the family.

Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Perry,
Again it is of no difference to me when or how you obtain the information for your program, I am just as busy as you are.. I was just informing people how I fixed the problem.. Nothing more.... What I was saying is this... If I put in my accurate settings AFTER putting in my build bow information.. The program WILL NOT accept my settings.. It will say that the arrow would have to speed up for the settings to be accurate as entered....Drag offset did NOTHING to solve this problem because I tried it although I may not have done it right I tried..... I don't know enough about the programing to argue the facts with you but I will tell you that if you do the build bow FIRST and the try to print sight tapes with that information in there it will NOT accept your settings irregardless how accurate they are.... If you try to do a calculate speed from 3 settings it will ALWAYS say your bow would have to speed up for the settings to be accurate...The ONLY way I got it to work is to do a sight tape off of my settings and not worry about the speed matching...However there was a BIG discrepency in the two in my program and that drove me crazy... What I have found as well as others using your program is that the bow will chrono at say 247 (and I have even tried 3 different chronos) but when you enter your settings or try to do a "Calculate Speed" on the program with only two settings it will say that your bow is shooting 264 or more or if you try to use 3 or more settings it will say that it is our of spec according to the program.... So if you leave the speed as the program calculates it and go to "Preview Marks" your 45 yard settings and up will NOT match your actual shot settings.... If you try to correct it WITHOUT doing a speed offset your speed will not be correct....So the easy way to do it is to do a speed offset and compare your actual shot settings to your preview marks.. You will fiind that they will come out perfect if you do it this way....Take it how you wish but this is how I fixed it....Pro1

·
Registered
506 Posts
Pro1,

We may be talking apples & oranges here.

First, the Build Bow Module has no effect on sight tapes. The only bow parameters that affect sight tapes (when calculating speed from marks) is Peep Height & Sight Length.

As I said before, Speed Offset has no affect on the way sight tapes are printed when calculating speed from Sight Settings.

Drag Offset has a great deal of affect on Sight Tapes, but as I've said before is required by very few setups.

If you have issues with obtaining accurate sight tapes, send me your data by email & I will look into it when I have time.

The intent of my earlier response was to make sure that people understood that if an arrow behaves differently than my models, i.e. it slows down either faster or slower downrange than my predicitons, the fix is Drag Offset - not Speed Offset.

Speed Offset only calibrates Calculated Speed to your Chronograph and as NO effect on printed sight tapes (when using the same set of Marks to calculate speed from).

Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Above I mistyped.. What I was referring to in the statement"The program will say that the arrow would have to speed up on the way to the target to make the settings accurate"....Was when I was trying to use the "Drag offset" part of the program NOT the "Speed offset" or "Calculate Speed" area of the program to solve the problem,... Sorry for the confusion..The calculate speed simply says that I need to check the settings because they are out of spec...Pro1

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
??????

Maybe some one could send this to Josh AND his dad at SPOT HOG,they like finding these type answer's. Skip

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JOSH ????

SPOT-HOGG, click in on this and give us your opion.Have you already done this type of testing? and would this testing be possible to determin accuriousy ? Josh,Gabe?????? Skip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts