Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When useing Mag Nock's and upon installing the "receiver",can you get away with just a very small center serveing (length of area) seeing all that will be makeing contact on the string is the receiver and a "no knot" loop??? also, What makes,and why are the Mag Nocks SO quite when the arrow is released? Thank you,>>---Skip--->(X)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Skip,

Yep, you can get away with small center serving length & you will gain fps too. A "no knot" loop should be fine as well. As far as the queit in the release of the arrow...well it's the magnet. Hope this helps. Feel free to e-mail me or [email protected] if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
Anything and everything for a few more fps and a total disregard for keeping things so that you have little to no possibility of it MOVING>

I've seen so many people with the super short center servings having problems with their site marks "creeping" and they end up shooting low and dont' know why.

Simple - - with today's slick and slippery string materials, you need the extra wraps and support to help hold the center serving in place.

If you want to run the risk of the entire serving moving up the string, go ahead and serve as short as you can for a 'few more fps.' The RISK is there for certain of the center serving moving.

I always have about 2 1/2" of center serving ABOVE the d-loop or nocking point and about 5 " below just in case there is some arm chafing or contact with something.

Some people use a belt hook to hang their bows on, and what do you suppose is in contact with that belt hook when you hang your bow on it? If you have hardly any center serving, then you are RISKING the belt hook chaffing the main strands on your all important bowstring.

Sure wish people would get out of bed with fps and SPEED and wake up to the fact that proper tuning and form is much more important and higher scoring than speed ever will be.

Also, when center serving, run a 'pigtail' the full length of your serving from top to bottom and serve over that pigtail - it helps to keep the serving in place as well. Of course, if you only have an inch of serving or so - - TAKE YOUR RISKS.

field14:D :confused:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Field.....

i hope that reply wasn't for me because I was just curious about any modifications that would be useful or just something different that a person could try.As for speed I could give a rat's ass more interest. Skip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts