Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting my new HOTSHOT magnificent 7 release. I have the light magnet that comes with it is still to stiff for my liking is there any other magents that are lighter I love the feel of it no play in the trigger just to stiff

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
I would call Hot shot up

I got a spare magnet they shipped with my releases and said it was a light one.....I got both mine set on the heaviest....makes back tensins so sweet....

I can ship this dude to you to see if it works...I don't need it at all...

let me know....JB

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the light one the one that dont have the slot on top how do you have yours set up and how do you shoot this as a B/T

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
you need it on the heaviest, or heavy enough so you can preload

draw back....take your hand off the release and place your index finger b/n the first and second joint on the trigger and rest it against the trigger

ease into the dot or whatever.....then do the back tension thing however you imagine it...

I like Michael Braden's technique....picture yourself pulling your release elbow back away from the target...use that as a focal concentration point...

I Love It.....................

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
OK...I was wondering why this magnet in the bag didn't have a slot like the others

even the medium setting on the heavy magnet is too light for me...I can preload and rest my finger on the trigger but the shot goes off way too fast, for me at least.....kinda like how my short-n-sweet was.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Riverghost

The magnet with no slot is the lightest magnet and has no adjustment.

Flipping the slotted magnet around will not change the magnet pressure. If it feels lighter doing that the magnet is not seated properly and might cause pre-fires.

Like Jose said put the trigger in your second joint and pull off with back tension. If it feels way to hard to fire that way your draw might be a little long to shoot back tension.

You can put some sling shot rubber around the trigger for more leverage or make a larger trigger. the threads are 4-40", just make sure the trigger is not against the release base.

The pic shows the finger position for pulling off with back tension.

PM me if you need more help.
Thanks, Ken Stanislawski

Attachments

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you guys for all the help I guess I will have to learn back tension. This might be funny someone get a camera I feel a kodak moment coming :beer:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, just order one threw Hot Shot. They didn't have a lighter magnets at that time.

The release was designed for a firm trigger pull for the use of back tension. The light magnet will not take it down to a light hair trigger.

Hot Shot 801-221-0694

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.