Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin and I just ordered the magnocks.I have our bows tuned and was wondering if a good starting point for tuning the magnocks would be to keep the same setup we already have and start from there, or is there any suggested starting point anyone found that was good?We are shooting string loops directly behind the nock on Trap door rests.Also are you looking to acheive bullet holes in the tuning paper?ThanksPosted the same question on the other side accidentally...tired

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Rut,
All of your questions have been answered.. If you do a search for "Magnocks" you will have all the info you need.. If you don't find it email me direct or Magnockman and we will answer any questions you have..

The quick answer to your question is NO... You MUST tune to Magnocks just like anything else to get optimum performance....And each setup is alittle different... Generally you will find that you will need a lower nocking point than with normal nocks to start with.. Usually 90° or 1/16th below center in some cases.. I don't believe in papertuning and because Magnocks reduce arrow paradox you can get a "False" papertear read.. I usually eyeball the nock and centershot and shoot for groups at 40 yards or more.. You can also "powder test" your arrows to get a good starting point.. That is also covered in the search function.. If you have any problems or concerns feel free to contact me....Pro1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts