Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5shot... I bought a pack of each today! Also the sharpener for the G's. I love the design of the G5 and really look awesome on ACC's they fly really good too! These heads are not real hard to get to shave the hair from your arm. I just screwed the head on and it looked to spin good...went out and shot it and it flew great almost the same as FPs..about a 1/2 low!

I have not shot the Magnus Stinger 4-bl. yet and yes they are the sharpest BH I have ever felt. They are very nasty looking too! I believe if they are accurate they will be my fist choice of the yr.

5shot....I got the G5's to what I would call A sharpness...what would you choose to shoot an animal w/1st?

Oh, I forgot I have about 76 ft.lbs. of KE, so penetration is not the problem? Just looking for tissue damage!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I would flip a coin! you have two of my three personal favorite heads there. All you need to do is add a 4 blade 100 grn Muzzy and you are set! I am probably more partial to the stingers, but the montecs are outstanding heads and I don't think you will really be able to tell much differnce on game.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the vote of confidence!!!!!!! Ive been using Wasp SST's
for so long 12-deer and 4- hawgs...they never let me down. I know if it aint broke dont fix it. BUT, I was going to have to buy blades and have always been curious about the cut on contact style head....None had really caught my attention until seeing the Montecs and Stinger 4-bl.100gr.

Well your tests didnt hurt my decision any either! I figure I'll go with the one that flies the best...

I will say that I have a carbon block target after sharpening the G5 and attaching the Stinger to an arrow also ... doing the drop test from the same ht. the G5 penetrated deeper by a good bit.
It absolutely takes no energy for it to penetrate....unbelievable!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just bought a package of Montecs this week. Havent done thorough testing yet, but I'm impressed so far. Excellent flight and relatively easy to sharpen. Looking forward to further tests, and of course the ultimate test - shooting a deer with one.
wabi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts