Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any of you have any pictures of Entry, Exit or Blood trails please post them. i am shooting slick trick mags now, but am thinking about going to Magnus 2 blades w/ Bleeders. also what are your opinions on this BH?

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
Here is an entry on the scapula of a shoulder at 53lbs and complete pass through busting last rib back on exit.The othere is what the shoulder looked like inside after entry.

Attachments

·
Threading The Needle
2,679 Posts
^^^^^^^
was woundering the same thing but im using 2 blades for first time this year

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hopefully I will have a picture for you in a couple weeks! I just bought 100 grain Buzzcuts and shot them for the first time today. I shot at 10, 20, and 30 today and they fly just like my field points, did not have to move a pin!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I love Magnus heads, use both snuffers and stingers because I prefer true COC heads. But this late in the game and close to the season, STs are fantastic heads also and it simply is not worth the trouble of switching up IMO. A well placed shot from either is going to kill the animal you're after just as dead. You'd be better off scouting or shooting more than spending time tuning a new head. Im just saying both are great but I have mis tweaked my rig mid season and there is nothing worse than not being able to hunt or not being confident in your rig because you messed with something that's not broken.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
i am a 4 blade guy- love the extra cutting, and still get the same flight has a two blade and penetration but more cutting.
thanks and good hunting

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The more I hunt the more the 4blade stinger is becoming my go to head for everything. I've tried multiple popular types of fixed And mechanicals and only the stinger so far has been problem free. I'm pretty impressed with it's durability. Montec CS were first go to head but stinger is proving more efficient

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i am a 4 blade guy- love the extra cutting, and still get the same flight has a two blade and penetration but more cutting.
thanks and good hunting
What grain BH do you use Mike?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts