Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone think of the ser razor? I am looking into getting them for this bow season and was wondering what everyones opinion on them were? thanks!!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I have nothing but good to say about them. Very sharp, accurate, and they leave a good sized entrance and exit would. Took two bucks and a couple of does with them last year. All were quick and easy recoveries. One buck just took a couple of steps after being hit, stood there, wobbled a bit and fell over. All of them that I have tried spun great. I've gotten to where I like BH tuning with them as I know they will fly true if my bow is tuned. I'm using the 125 version and it has a bit wider cut than the 100. Lots of great fixed blade heads out there now and the BH Ser Razor are one of them.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have nothing but good to say about them. Very sharp, accurate, and they leave a good sized entrance and exit would. Took two bucks and a couple of does with them last year. All were quick and easy recoveries. One buck just took a couple of steps after being hit, stood there, wobbled a bit and fell over. All of them that I have tried spun great. I've gotten to where I like BH tuning with them as I know they will fly true if my bow is tuned. I'm using the 125 version and it has a bit wider cut than the 100. Lots of great fixed blade heads out there now and the BH Ser Razor are one of them.
Thanks for the info!! I am looking forward to trying them this year!!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
^^^^x2, Started using at the beginning of last year and love them. They fly really well, are durable, and create large holes. Customer service is top notch also. They will be in my quiver again this year. I use the 100 gr version.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They suck. Break easy and are loud in flight. If you want a Magnus head, get the Buzzcuts. Personally, it's Exodus broadheads for me. Much better and stronger. Best fixed blade head all the way around.
I am not worried about them breaking, because if they break i'm sure there's a reason why and any other head would break or come close to it if the same thing happened, and from what I have heard, Magnus is great with their customer service. I have been reading a lot of reviews on the ser razors and a lot have been great, but the only way to tell is to test them out myself. thanks for the input!

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
They suck. Break easy and are loud in flight. If you want a Magnus head, get the Buzzcuts. Personally, it's Exodus broadheads for me. Much better and stronger. Best fixed blade head all the way around.
I disagree in regards to your statement about being loud and breaking easy. While the exodus deserves the utmost respect, the hornets do as well. Hornets outperformed in quite a few torture and flight tests this past year. I've shot razors and serazors out of my d350, arrows pushing 300fps, and they flew great and no louder than my blazer vanes steering them. Good luck this year buddy.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Our black hornet ser razor fly great out of the fastest compounds and crossbows today. We have shot these out of crossbows shooting 365 fps popping balloons at 100 yds. Here is a video of shooting balloons at 100 yds with Dave Deming and his Matthews.

Lifetime replacement guarantee. Every single broadhead is dialed in on a dial indicator within .003 thousands of a inch total tip runout. If you ever have a concern or problem with any of our heads, please email myself [email protected] or [email protected] ds.com

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our black hornet ser razor fly great out of the fastest compounds and crossbows today. We have shot these out of crossbows shooting 365 fps popping balloons at 100 yds. Here is a video of shooting balloons at 100 yds with Dave Deming and his Matthews.

Lifetime replacement guarantee. Every single broadhead is dialed in on a dial indicator within .003 thousands of a inch total tip runout. If you ever have a concern or problem with any of our heads, please email myself [email protected] or [email protected] ds.com

Thanks for the info!! I'm looking forward to shooting the ser razors this year!!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I tried the 125 grain version on turkeys. They worked well on two large gobblers.
I'll be using them on deer this fall.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
I am not worried about them breaking, because if they break i'm sure there's a reason why and any other head would break or come close to it if the same thing happened, and from what I have heard, Magnus is great with their customer service. I have been reading a lot of reviews on the ser razors and a lot have been great, but the only way to tell is to test them out myself. thanks for the input!
Something to think about, if the broad head brakes in the animal you have to think about those broken blades in the meat. A buddy of ours cut him self pretty good on a ram cat that shed its blades in deer. And broken blades are pretty small, that I would say they could even fit through a grinder plate, or a cut of meat and some one could swallow one. So I for one do NOT want to worry about a broad head coming apart even if it does have a warranty. I have not shot these heads, but after seeing my buddy's hand I will pass on any broad head that people have had brake, it's not worth it. And most heads won't brake, we have shot and tried to brake a lot of heads. Many will bend but not brake . And there has only been two that we have lost blades in side animals, sonic, being the other one.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Something to think about, if the broad head brakes in the animal you have to think about those broken blades in the meat. A buddy of ours cut him self pretty good on a ram cat that shed its blades in deer. And broken blades are pretty small, that I would say they could even fit through a grinder plate, or a cut of meat and some one could swallow one. So I for one do NOT want to worry about a broad head coming apart even if it does have a warranty. I have not shot these heads, but after seeing my buddy's hand I will pass on any broad head that people have had brake, it's not worth it. And most heads won't brake, we have shot and tried to brake a lot of heads. Many will bend but not brake . And there has only been two that we have lost blades in side animals, sonic, being the other one.
What I was saying is if a broad head breaks there's probably a pretty good reason and that any broadhead would break. Yes I worry about cutting myself if I don't get a complete pass thru, but if it breaks I am always concerned. Thanks

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hoyt to life 555, I can tell you without question the black hornet blades are not going tobreak on the inside of the rib cage. Could it happen, absolutely because nothing is indestructible, but the chances of it happening are extremely thin, the main blade on the black hornet and black hornet ser razor is .060 thousands thick and the bleeder blades are .040 thick, both are extremely tough. Take a look at the video on the broadhead testing and the broadhead test was not performed by anyone associated with Magnus. thank you

·
Registered
68 Posts
for those shooting a lower poundage and a little less K.E. anyone see a difference in penetration between the serrazor and non serrated version?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ive only used the non serrated version and have had excellent results on deer and hogs. Im sure the ser razor will be just as effective. BTW, I have not had to replace one yet. I just keep re sharpening them and put them back in the quiver to kill again. They are tough, sharp, and accurate.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Last month a couple buddies and I went on a hog hunt in South Oklahoma. We knew ahead of time that there was some big hogs in the area we were hunting and wanted to make sure we used a broadheads we were confident with. Hog shields are thick and tough, especially on big hogs! We have always used Magnus stingers and we were excited to try the new Magnus black hornets that recently came out for the first time. The day before the hunt we all meet at my place to make sure all of our bows were sighted in and allow time for practice with the Black hornets. After an hour or so of shooting with field points at several yardages we decided to try the black hornets at the same distances to see how they would fly so we knew what to expect for the hunt. We opened up a pack, switched out our field tips for broadheads and got back to shooting. We were excited to see that they were dead on at 20, 30, & 40 and were amazed that they were still dead on at 50 & 60! Most fixed blades seem to lack in accuracy at further distances but that was just not the case with these. On day one of the hunt we each had hogs come within shooting range but not the big hogs we knew were in the area. On the morning of day two at first light in came a shooter at 35 yards. I drew back and let the arrow fly- I heard it hit and watched my hog go down after only taking 5 steps with a complete pass through! Within the next couple hours I received text from both the other guys that they also shot hogs. Together we harvested 300, 360, & 400lb hogs and not a single one made it further than 20 yards! I am completely amazed by the performance of these broadheads and will ONLY use this broadhead in further hunts. Having confidence in your equipment is priceless!!!
image.jpg

·
Avid Bowhunter
177 Posts
You waited until you were on location to hunt to test a new broadhead for accuracy? Brave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 52 Posts