Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
I picked up some Magnus Stinger broadheads to try out
yesterday. All I can say is WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG!!!
These are the best shooting heads I have ever shot.
I set my new bow up in the morning and had it shooting
great with field points out to 50 yards, so I thought to my
self, I wounder what these stingers will do VS. the field points.
I shot the first broadhead at the target at 40 yards and it hit
dead center in my dot. I thought to myself "no way" so I shot
the second arrow tipped with a stinger and it took the vanes off
of the first arrow. (Holy Crap!!)
So I moved up to 20 yards and started fresh. I shot three shots at
20,30,40,50 and 60 yards. They shot perfect at all yardages!!
I just wanted to say thanks to Magnus for building the best head
I have ever shot. You made me a Magnus man for life!!

Shawn Hatem

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have been impressed with the Stingers as well. Fly just like field points and a great warranty too. No plans to shoot any other broadhead. Good work on the tuning!

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
I will never shoot any other broadhead either. 2blade Stingers and 2blade Buzzcuts.
They are incredible. There just isnt any 'tuning' issues with them - they will go thru anything - and they just leave stuff dead.!!!!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I like them.

I was so impressed after having my son use them when he was 11 that I got myself some 150 grain buzzcuts in the 4 blades.My son moved up this year(12 years old) to the 4 blade model and has already had a complete passthrough this year on a mature doe with them.

He uses the 100 grain stingers.

Here are some of the passthrough he has gotten from his 40# setup.

4 blade exit hole.

arrow afterwards

2 blade exit
This one actually stuck in a tree after passing through.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
The bleeders are worth it imo and don't eat up penetration.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I learned a long time ago shoot the broadhead arrow first then the fieldpoint arrow or you will spend alot of time replacing fletching. Plus you can't beat the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have shot many pigs with the Stingers and they have worked great. I did have a Singer break off my arrow in flight. It just left my bow. I called Magnus they asked me to send it to them. They called me and told me that it was from over tightning the broadhead and they were spot on. I did have to really force it to line up with my fletching. Magnus sent me a new broadhead. Awsome Love the Stingers

·
Registered
118 Posts
I looked over the warranty after I decided to buy some buzzcuts. Wow, they are ready to stand behind their product.

·
Registered
912 Posts
They are a great head!! I have one stinger that should be in the broadhead hall of fame after what all i put it through.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
yep going to stingers myself, 100 grn 2 blade for wife,100 grn 4 blade for the boy and 4 blade 125s for me.and they fly like no other head,or should i say no other head flys like a stinger...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I was shooting my 50# TomKat at about 60yds the other day with 100gr BuzzCuts. I was also cutting firewood at the time so I had an unsuspecting axe leaning up against I stump (I didn't see it). Well the axe handle was perfectly placed in line with my target...you guessed it! I put a 100gr. Buzzcut completely through a hickory axe handle...Not even the bleeders broke! It split the axe handle completely in half for about 8 inches! One tough broadhead!!! :wink:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive been shooting 100gr stingers for ever since they have come out and I have killed a truck load of critters with them. They fly excellent even past 60 yds, they penetrate like a son of a gun, and if you can sharpen anything you can get these things scary sharp. Rage broadheads will never produce the bloodtrails these things do and the lifetime warranty is just another plus. You can spend a lot more money on a head but you simply cant beat Magnus broadheads!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts