Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Both are excellent to me, the hornet seems more durable and of course the best warranty and customer service in the industry. I have killed several animals and I would recommend the head with bleeder blades for better blood trails

·
Registered
9,745 Posts
I have been testing the Mangus 125g stinger for accuracy. People say they are accurate but I am not impressed. The stingers consistently hit 3" high and have a 2-3" horizontal spread. As a comparison, my 125 grain Hellrazor 3 blade will hit the X ring at 20 yards consistently right beside a bare shaft. I like the Hellrazor, entirely steel and easy to sharpen on a flat diamond sharpener. I have had good success hunting with the Hellrazor. I have heard good things about the black hornet but I have not tried them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My wife shoots Stingers and I shoot Black Hornets, but unfortunately i can't help you decide which one to go with because they've both been flawless so far. Neither of us will be switching anytime soon. Don't think you can go wrong...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Took my turkey last fall with a black hornet and a deer last fall with a black hornet serrated razor, both 100 gr. This spring I will use the magnus bullhead for turkey and the bhsr again for deer in the fall.
Sorry for no info on the stingers but I really like the razors

Lucky

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
hard to give you an accurate suggestion without knowing your setup and your target species. i love the black hornet ser razors with bleeders. im at 29/70 with a 475gr arrow. the stingers slide in a little easier, so if youre shooting a lighter setup, stingers might be better. both fly great, are tough and do some damage. warranty is awesome too.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I like the 2 blade Serrazor personally. The ferrules are stronger than the 4 blade version of both the stinger and the Black Hornet. The Black Hornet has a stronger main blade and the Stinger has a more efficient blade shape.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
pottergreg-if you are getting erratic flight with our broadheads something is seriously wrong. One of our biggest advantages of our broadheads is excellent flight out to 100 yds. The reason is because we dial in every single broadhead on a dial indicator and the total tip spin out,(this is when you spin ck them on a spinner for exsample) is within .003 thousands of a inch. Derertcj, we appreciate you using our broadheads ANY 2 BLADE FIXED BLADE BROADHEAD THE TWO BLADE WILL ALWAYS BE STRONGER, with this being said our 4 blade models are very strong also. Can they bend or break? They certainly can, but one thing I will state WITHOUT HESATATION, if you get one of our broadheads which is damaged, if any other broadhead hit the same exact spot at the same exact angle shot out of the same exact bow wouldnot have held up any better than ours. Our broadheads are about penetration and getting two holes. After you completely penetrate the animal and if you damage one of our heads all you need to do is email us a picture with your name and address and we will replace. LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE. The attached pictures are all four blade broadheads.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
I had no issues tuning my Ser Razors and Black Hornets to fly with field points last season. They will most likely be in the woods again with me this fall.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Two dead deer with separate stingers. I would have reused them but both ferrules broke. I would gladly buy more when and if they go to steel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like the concept of the black hornets but broke two where the ferrule has the cut out for the bleeder blades before I made it to the woods with them. Granted they did hit something hard like a piece of wood but still a little dissapointed. A stronger ferrule and these would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Guys thank you for your posts. We are all about customere service and quality of our broadheads. Are we perfect, nope we are not. But the design and the quality of the material used is a proved product. We introduced our Stinger and Stinger Buzzcuts in 2005. Since 2005 every big game animal on this earth have been taken successfully with our stinger and stinger buzzcut 4 blade broadheads. We have countless bowhunters who have taken multiple animals with the same broadhead. Here is the reality on broadheads, having been in the broadhead business for this our 33rd year since I started Magnus in a spare bedroom in my parents home, There is not a broadhead made today nor will there ever be which is indestructible. When you shoot any projectile out of a bow or crossbow shooting between 170 and 400 fps, the energy goes somewhere and unfortunately the broadhead gets the blunt of it.

Our broadheads always penetrate and 99 percent of the time bowhunters get complete pass thrus and the broadhead/arrow is sticking in the ground. Regular Steel versus Regular Aluminum is a big difference-BUT AND THIS IS A BIG BUT. Regular Steel is not used in broadheads whether the broadhead is injection molded or if the broadhead is machined. Broadheads which is machined is a mild steel and our 7075 t6 aluminum has the same tensile strength as a mild steel. Over the years with our stinger and stinger buzzcut broadheads we have performed thousands of tests on durability, flight and penetration. I have said this before and stand by it. On any of our broadheads which have bent after penetrating an animal or bent after hitting a rock and or post, if any other broadhead on the market would have hit the same spot, at the same angle, out of the same bow, shooting the same poundage the other broadhead wouldnot have held together any better than ours.

The difference with us is we are 100 percent customer service oriented. If you ever bend or break a broadhead, email us a picture with your name and address and we replace it, its that simple.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I have shot some deer and some African animals with the 125 four blade stinger. And I have shot three turkeys with the 125 grain serazor. Both were very accurate for me and performed well on game.
I can't say that one is better than the other, as both are top shelf BHs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I personaly use the Black Hornets in 4 Blade 100grn love how they fly both out of my compound and my daughters X-Bow we both have no issues shooting out to 60yrds + with field tip accuracy. We have harvested Whitetail with great blood trails they usually don't go beyond 50 yrds and drop.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
IMG_0509.jpg IMG_0511.jpg
Great Broadhead from a Great Company.
Killed two deer that am. Both were Pass throughs w/ Minimal reaction and both fell w/in sight! Very impressed!!
Shot w/ a 57#/ 27" Mathews HTR
Exit wound pictured above.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts