Archery Talk Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I second the low poundage. My son has Taken 3 bucks and one really nice buck with the magnus shooting 40lbs first two (2-blade stinger) and 45 the last (buzzcut 4-blade). All deer shot over 20 yards. Fly great. Witnessed two kills myself. Im giving the hornet a try this year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use the magnus two blade 125 gr non serrated stinger for elk in multiple states each fall. It flies the same as field points and groups well and flat out kills elk. I read a study years ago saying recovery was better with two blade heads and tried them - I have not looked back since with the last 15 elk or so taken with this head. All animals that were hit were recovered including some less than perfect hits. In theory a three blade or stinger with a bleeder would be more effective, but for me at least, the two blade has proven effective to the point I will keep using it.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
No matter what Magnus head you shoot, it will not be a bad choice. All are great heads. I have been shooting them since the early 90's

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
hard to give you an accurate suggestion without knowing your setup and your target species. i love the black hornet ser razors with bleeders. im at 29/70 with a 475gr arrow. the stingers slide in a little easier, so if youre shooting a lighter setup, stingers might be better. both fly great, are tough and do some damage. warranty is awesome too.
Agree with this guy. What is your set-up?

Personally, I love the way the 4 blade black hornets fly and they've done the job every single time. Good blood trails and deer that drop within sight. Can't ask for much more than that.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts