Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a ? for you all. Which is better, the stinger or the stinger buzzcut? They will be used on deer and turkey.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I shot the regular Stinger's for a while and got rid of them. They are easier to sharpen b/c they lack the serration's. Some people will tell you the serrations cut better, they actually tear not cut. Both will work just fine.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
The regular blade requires less energy and penetrates much better. Anyone that has seen a 4 blade wound knows the buzz is not required nor is desired. They can cause the arrow to kick out if they hit and grab at the right (wrong) angle.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Sorry but I disagree with that. I've put the Buzzcuts thru 5 deer and not one problem. They blew thru the same as the stingers did and left a better bloodtrail

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
are you guys resharpening these and replace the bleeders ? the reason i ask is im going to maybe buy a pack today. i shot the buzz cuts about three years ago killed a couple deer but after the heads where used i gave them away at the shop. so i never did anything with them. i am looking for how to maintain the heads once they get shot. i know how good these are and the warranty thats why im thinking of shooting them again

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use the Magnus Stinger four blade and two blade and both do the job great.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
are the main blades that strong, bending or the edges messed up to bad . with the warranty if it is bent then they replace? not trying to take over here mh532 just trying to get more info for us

·
Registered
23 Posts
The warranty covers everything. You just mail the pack to them and they mail you a new pack no questions asked.

·
The business is finished
2,947 Posts
Mike Sohm (THE Mr. Magnus) shoots the buzzcut. Good enough for me. Buzzcut 4 bladers for the compound and Buzzcut 2 fer's for the longbow.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike Sohm (THE Mr. Magnus) shoots the buzzcut. Good enough for me. Buzzcut 4 bladers for the compound and Buzzcut 2 fer's for the longbow.
Thanks for the info, I think I may give the buzzcuts a try. Just wonder if they are easy to resharpen?

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
I've shot the 2 blade Stingers for awhile now but this year switched to the 2 blade Buzzcuts and like them better for the amount of damage to tissue that they cause. Last weekend I got a Mulie and a Turkey with them. The deer was hard quartering away at 35 yards - arrow entered behind last rib and exited thru the front shoulder burying almost to the fletching in the ground. The deer went about 18yards and fell over. The entrance/exit and damage inside was incredible. The Buzzcut looks and feels like it's still new. The Turkey was at 30 yards - arrow went thru right wing-the bird and almost completly severed the left wing at the shoulder - went about another 10 yards and was stuck halfway into the ground. It too is still sharp and looks new.
I use a stone broadhead sharpner on them made for 2 blade heads (forget the brand) and with only a few strokes on each side they are as sharp or sharper than right outta the package.
Plus they shoot just like FP's outta my bow.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I'm carrying both this year and hope to shoot one with each to compare. I will post results if when I'm successful.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Results are in. I prefer the Buzzcut. Just my personal opinion. Both worked well and did the job but the Buzzcut just seemed to work a little better in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts