Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a lot of good things about Magnus broadheads but I'm just curious what you guys think is the best one.. Black hornet or stinger? Bleeder or no bleeder? Serrated or no?

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Get ready for as many answers as there are Magnus broadheads. I'm a fan of the 2 blade stinger buzzcuts myself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Plus one for the Stinger Buzzcuts. I have used them since 2011 and love them.

I have used the 4 blade Stinger & Stinger buzzcuts. No complaints from me.

I am going to be trying the black hornets in the near future for a more compact design.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Before I switched away from Magnus to tooth of the arrow broadheads, I shot magnus stinger buzzcuts for many years with no issues!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Stingers, no bleeder non serrated out of my recurve. Will probably try the 100 grainers out of my Mathews this year now that I’m shooting adult arrows 🙃

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've used the Stingers with bleeders, black hornets and the Snuffers love all of them and would carry a quiver full of any of them with confidence in them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Depends on your set up. For my compound, I shoot Black Hornets but shot Stinger Buzzcut 4 blades for years. The recurve gets 2 blade Stingers. Been shooting Magnus for 25 years.

·
Registered
291 Posts
In all honesty i dont think one is better than the other. I've shot magnus for 12 years now and put down a lot of whitetails. I started with stinger buzzcut 4 blades and have shot black hornet 4 blades the last 3 years. I dont think the slightly larger cutting diameter of the black hornets make a big difference but that's what i shoot now just because of the shorter profile. My wife has shot the 2 blade stingers for several years and they have performed really well out of her 40# bow. I dont think there is any down side of shooting a magnus broadhead.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Stinger 125 2 Blade, Does all I Need (not serrated) been using them for 20 plus years and my arrows fly the same with field points or these Stingers that is all I need...
LFM

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
Just ordered 2 pks 100 gr. stinger 4 blade to test run. I'm sure they be awesome.
As usually magnus is! 50 lb setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
black hornet serazor. can't go wrong with any of them though.

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
black hornet serazor. can't go wrong with any of them though.
Hunt with those also. Great heads, kilt many of critters. Awesome bloooood trails!

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I have shot every model of Magnus there is except for the turkey head. It
Comes down to personal preference. I ended my Magnus career with the Black Hornet. No matter what you pick you will happy.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I use Stingers for my recurve and Stinger 4 blade for my compounds but I have been thinking of trying the Buzzcut. Every time the subject comes up the Buzzcut seems to be the most popular.

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
I use Stingers for my recurve and Stinger 4 blade for my compounds but I have been thinking of trying the Buzzcut. Every time the subject comes up the Buzzcut seems to be the most popular.
Right on the buzzcuts. I was gettin antsy on the stingers. Buzzcuts were my first choice, sold out at midwayusa.
Will pick some up when in stock.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Love love love the black hornets!

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
Picked up my stingers after work. Spun tested them all. Perfection!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts