Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 125gr

Votes: 8 61.5%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first year im seriously going to attempt to take a turkey with my bow. i shoot a mathews reezen 7.0 with maxed out 60lb limbs and a 27in draw. i can hit apples all day out to 30 yards. should i buy the 125gr heads for the extra inch or the 100gr for the weight?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am doing the same thing and I have purchased a pack of each. I have decided to go with the 125s, and use the Victory Bullhead arrows. I can't really give you a good reason why I chose the 125's though.:confused:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Well i dont turkey hunt much ... more if i can shoot one legally ill let it happen so i dont own them 100 or 125 grains but i can throw in some input. the 125 grain will bump up your foc making your fletching stabilize your arrow quicker and with all that broadhead flying through the air i would think that better stabilization would be better for accuracy. plus if anything did go wrong that bigger cut may save you. my .02

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Definitely go with the 125s and spend the time tuning them....you'll be glad you did in the long run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts